17: The Wedding Invitation

A/N: #96 in ChickLit! Scream with me! This is the highest ranking we've gotten so far. Thank you guys for all your support. This book hit 10K reads recently too! 

Which shipper are you? Baddie (Bruce + Maddie) or Minn (Maddie + Finn)? 

Hope you enjoy this chapter. It's pretty dramatic and you get a deeper insight on the workings of Maddie's and Bruce's relationship . And don't forget to leave your thoughts behind! :) xo

"Can you get that?" Bruce yelled from the bathroom and I quickly hustled across the room and picked up his phone.

"Hello," I chirped into the phone. "This is Madilyn Adair. Bruce's beloved. How may I help you?"

There was no reply from the other side of the phone but heavy breathing could be heard. Confusion swept through me and my eyebrows drew in as I pressed the phone closer to me ear, my chirpy demeanour slipping away. "Hello?"

When there was no reply I pulled the phone back to see if the number was entered into Bruce's contacts. The caller ID read Mum 2. I dismissed the number next to caller ID and lifted the phone back to my ear. "Hello," I repeated, "Is anyone there?"

"Sorry," said a raspy woman's voice from the other side of the line before hanging. I drew the phone from my ear and looked down at it confusedly. Right then Bruce walked in with a white towel wrapped around his waist whilst towelling his messy black hair with another white towel.

"Who was it?" he asked, opening my wardrobe, his bare back facing me. I'd given him two shelves in my wardrobe and he'd brought a few suits that hung alongside my dresses. He rummaged through my wardrobe for underwear and when he found his pick, he dropped the towel before slipping his briefs on. His bottoms were certain appreciated in those black briefs, but even better without, and I couldn't stop my eyes from travelling his back, the muscles of his back moving as he kept his focus on my wardrobe, looking for a suit.

"I think it was your mother," I said, but I was clearly distracted as he picked a vest from the few vests that rested on his wardrobe shelf. Pulling his head through the white thin vest, he turned to me with his eyebrows raised.

"My mother?"

I cleared my throat, blinking from the lust haze that momentarily took over me. "I think so," I replied moving towards him, "She hung up without saying anything." I grabbed his hand and pushed it away before I picked the black suit lined with thin grey lines from his collection that hung and covered half of my wardrobe. "This one," I suggested, pulling it out from the hanger and handing it to him.

His lips lifted up into a smirk. "You just want to see me get dressed," he teased, his brown eyes locking with mine.

I giggled, biting down on my lip before sending him a wink. Placing a hand on his shoulder I leaned closer and pressed my lips to his ear. "Maybe," I whispered before I pulled back and strutted to the dressing table that had all my cosmetics and creams in the drawers.