1| French Songs

Paris. November 2015

It had been night time for a few hours already, in Paris. And it definitely felt like a real winter - the darkness, cold and wind, a real change from Los Angeles. Shaking her body to warm herself, Kristen walked inside the warmth of her hotel. Sighing, she enjoyed the feeling, especially after the long day she had just had. Filming this movie was totally exhausting her. She was drained of all of her energy and she couldn't wait to take a hot shower and cuddle herself into her warm, comfy bed.

Earbuds still in her ears, she nodded at the people at the reception desk and strolled toward the elevator. Bobbing her head to the rhythm of the music, she made her way in and out of the metallic cage, to the corridor of the 8th floor, and slid her key card into the door lock at her room, to open it. She tossed her sneakers to the side, once she stepped in, and took her phone out to put the music on speaker. Humming to herself, she went into the bathroom and undressed, stepping into a wonderfully hot shower.

Once done - and feeling like a living person again - she put on a long t-shirt and some panties. Kristen jumped on the bed, with her phone in her hand, and grabbed her laptop on the nightstand with the other. Rolling around, she situated herself, crossing her legs and leaning back against the headboard. Originally, she would have gone to sleep immediately, following a full day of filming, but she forced herself to do her 'homework' - as she liked to say - a few times a week.

Kristen was scrolling on her phone and softly singing, or babbling, the lyrics of the song. She was getting frustrated with her inability to get it right, and added to her lack of sleep, that wasn't a good combination. She restarted the song from the beginning, and read the lyrics in her head at the same time on her laptop. She was so into it that she didn't hear her bedroom door open, nor the person entering and walking towards her. A sudden thudding sound startled her so much, that she yelped as she made a sudden, surprised jump on the bed. That reaction was followed by a loud laugh and a man sprawling himself on the bed, the top of his body on her legs. Still laughing, he kissed her naked thigh, before moving up to her lips.

Kristen grabbed his hair, attaching herself to him and passionately kissed him. He responded with as much intensity as her, then stopped their kissing to situate himself against the headboard. Passing his right arm behind her shoulders, he looked at her and what she was doing. Kristen placed her head against his chest, sighing happily before slapping his leg - hard.

"You fucking scared me!" She told him, ignoring his complaining over the pain she had just inflicted. "What are you doing here?"

"Came to see you, obviously." Rob answered her and bent down to her laptop and some sheets of paper. "Your room is a mess, baby. What's this?"

"I'm working on my French." Kristen was annoyed about her previous failure and started to tidy her bed from the scattered papers. "So far, not so good."

"Is that why you have a french song playing?" He took her phone and looked over the playlist that was playing, letting her move away from him with her laptop and papers in her hands. She put all of that away and stumbled back onto the bed, into his welcoming arms. "I like this one." He told her, turning the screen to her face.

"I have no idea what the title of this one is. Ugh." Kristen grumbled and closed her eyes, hiding her face in his chest. "I thought you were still in Columbia?" She mumbled a while later. Rob had to concentrate to catch her question, her voice was so soft and sleepy. He stopped moving his hand, where he had been moving it up and down on her uncovered thigh.

"Oh, yeah. There wasn't a real final day, so when they told me that yesterday was enough to finish, I caught the first plane to be with you." His voice was soft, the exhaustion from traveling also evident in it. Kissing the top of her head, he thought it was all worth it, just to have her with him. Kristen hummed in answer, totally pleased that her boyfriend was with her once again, in the city of love.

"Can you put something less poppy on? It's giving me a headache." She whispered softly to him. He immediately obliged to her demand. Not really knowing all the songs on the display, he touched the screen several times before finding the right one to help them fall asleep in each other's arms. "What's this one called?" She asked.

"C'était salement romantique." Rob told her with a slight French accent. Staring at him, in the stillness of her daze, Kristen saw Rob's head, slight bobbing on the left against the headboard. She pinched his ribs through his shirt. His eyes opened up and he arched his eyebrow at her.

"Why don't you have an accent?" Her face showed confusion, as he smirked at her. "Where does that come from? I should know this. What the fuck?"

"Mystery adds some spice to a relationship." Rob smiled at her and went to peck her lips quickly, responding to how sweet and beautiful she looked in her state of stilled surprise. Kristen finally groaned and slid the comforter up her body. She wanted to know the real answer, but exhaustion was higher on her priority list at the moment.

Rob turned off the music on her phone, putting it on her nightstand before going to change out of his dirty clothes. After having tossed his shirt and pants, he joined Kristen under the covers, moving to her side and gently pressing his chest against her back. He passed an arm around her waist, touching a bit of her skin, and bent to her ear, to whisper into it.

"Je t'aime." Immediately, Kristen shivered against him. His warmth, his touch, his voice softly speaking words of love, only for her to hear - that could only result in her getting overwhelmed. She grabbed his hand, kissing it, and then placed it on her chest for him to feel her fast beating heart. She could suck at French all she wanted, but this she understood, and that was all she needed.

"Moi aussi." Kristen's accent was accentuated and deep. There was no mistaking that she was unfamiliar with the language. That made it even more hot, to the lucky man holding her in this Parisian night.

_____
Here I go again with another story ✌️
I'll try to jungle it out with 'July'. But yeah, I wanted to post so I did it. It's crazy I know.

Not lots of French, but just in case I'll translate :
Je t'aime - I love you
Moi aussi - Me too

And the song :
C'était Salement Romantique by Coeur de Pirate