6| Maid of honour

Los Angeles - April 2016

Papers were scattered everywhere on Kristen's desk, in her home office. And she had been looking at this mess all day long. Turning on her desk chair, she was listening to Ruth on the phone detailing important details about the coming months. So many things were happening, and thinking about it gave her a headache. Right now she was missing the bubble she was in Paris with Rob last month.

Mindlessly she took notes of what was said to her and hung up. She had made lists about the so many things that had to be done. Why did she decide to get married the year she was so busy? Not her wisest decision. Tired, Kristen let her head down against her crossed arms on her desk. Eyes closed she took a well deserved break. Not even five minutes later, her office door opened.

"Hey love, did you see-" Rob stopped mid sentence when he saw Kristen, thinking she was asleep. He was slowly retreating back when she waved her hand for him to go on. "Are you okay?" Not sure what to do, he stayed at the door in case in needed to leave in a hurry. Kristen hummed still waving her hand. "I was just wondering if you'd seen my notes about a script." Sighing Kristen finally looked up at Rob.

"Yeah. No. Sorry I forgot." Rubbing her eyes and moving her hair out of her face, she scanned her desk before realising she wouldn't find it. "Fuck." She started to move papers away and created a pile, under Rob's watchful eyes.

"Okay. Stop." Rob strolled to her side of the desk and grabbed her hands away from her mess. "My script is irrelevant right now. What's up with you? I haven't seen you all day." He played with her hands and entangled their fingers several times.

"I'm just realising all the work I have to do." Resting her head on her chair, she listed it all to him. "The wedding. The coming events we have. The premieres. All the paperwork and meetings for filming this summer. Reading scripts." She took a deep breath. "You and me." She squeezed his hands.

"Why didn't you tell me?" It worried him that she wasn't sharing with him. Whatever he could do for her, he would. Crouching in front of her he kissed one her wrist. "Events and premieres we can deal with that when the time comes, our teams will work on it." He started off. "If you want me to make phone calls or fill in paperwork, I can do it, okay?" Kristen smiled, feeling slightly better at the offering from her fiancé. "As for the wedding. And you and me. No matter how it's done we'll get married." It wasn't the perfect solutions but it was something and that was what was important. Tugging her hands Rob incited Kristen to stand up, and he hugged her. In his arms she felt all the comfort she needed. "And I think it's time you ask Suzie to be your maid. Then you can organise it with her, and me too." Kissing the side of her hand, he lulled them for a minute. Then helped her to tidy her desk before dinner.

The next day Kristen was lounging on the patio, wearing one of rob's shirt and some shorts. She had asked Rob to go do something else out of the house, because she had invited Suzie over. It was time for her to countdown the days until her wedding; so far she had stayed with Rob in their lovely bubble. They had the place they wanted and a date, but now they had to announce it to everyone else, and what better way to start than by asking their respective best friends.

She heard the front door being opened, and she counted in her head until a loud shriek resonated in her house. Not moving from her chair; Kristen patiently waited until Suzie strolled to her waving an envelope.

"Fuck yeah I'm your maid of honour!" Suzie yelled in her face. Kristen watched her friend getting excited and shocked at the same time, and she was glad of the way she decided to announce it. The night before she had printed out a card to ask Suzie to be her maid of honour, and it suited their friendship perfectly. Finally Suzie sat down in front of Kristen and read out loud the card. "Bitch, please. You're obviously going to be my maid of honour. And no that wasn't a question." Kristen only smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "Well I'm flattered you chose me. Fuck. You guys are really getting married."

"I know." Kristen said totally understanding her friend. She also couldn't realise that it was finally happening. "So, maid of honour, ready to help me with my wedding?"

"Fuck yeah!"

_____Isn't Rob lovely with his fiancée ?And Suzie as a maid of honour, girl gotta bring some fun into this organisation 😂

_____
Isn't Rob lovely with his fiancée ?
And Suzie as a maid of honour, girl gotta bring some fun into this organisation 😂.