8| Dress and rings

May 2016. New York

Turning around on herself, Kristen looked at her reflection in the huge mirrors. She was speechless. Nothing could describe what she was feeling right now. It was too much and more than she ever imagined. Everyone in the room respected that moment of silence, though someone was taking pictures on the side, per Kristen's request. Smoothing her hand on the white dress, she tried to get it into her head that this was her wedding dress. Stepping down the podium, she was joined by Suzie and Ruth who complimented her. Suzie even dried a few tears from her cheeks.

In the changing room, Kristen was helped to undress carefully. Even then she was still mesmerised by the work they put on the dress, just for her. Dressing up in her casual clothes, she took her time looking over some details, and thought about what could be added or changed. She had little time to get everything done, and planning another fitting for her dress would be difficult but worth it. Soon enough Kristen would walk down the aisle to Rob, and she hoped he would feel like falling in love with her again.

Reluctantly she got out and handed over her precious dress. It was a wonder how much she loved it considering her hatred towards dress and skirts outside of her work event. Getting married in a suit would have been possible, but her heart wanted a dress. Maybe because a few years ago she had the opportunity to wear one for Breaking Dawn. She knew how it felt. This time it will be true.

"Can you believe how fast they worked? It's amazing." Suzie was in a deep wonder and starry eyed.

"I can't." Kristen said in a low voice. "I'm glad I found them instead of a haute couture dress." After her disappointment over not finding anything on the first try, Kristen looked for some new brands and stumbled upon them. They made custom dresses, even with some jewelry. As soon as possible she booked an appointment and here she was a few weeks later. Quick and good work over her dress.

"It's so you. Beautiful bride to be." Suzie hugged her friend sharing their happiness about this coming wedding. Being part of bride party was an honour for Suzie, to see her friend getting married to the love of her life.

While both women were fanning over Kristen's dress, Rob was walking into Williamsburg neighborhood with a purpose. This moment was his only alone, and his window opportunity to work over Kristen and his wedding rings. He was not picking them up now. But he was gonna look over the progress they made and if it fit the idea he gave them. They had to be perfect.

The whole theme of their rings was around Kristen's engagement ring. Both had to fit together and his was made after them. His fiancée deserved the best.

Later that day, Kristen was back at their hotel room, and she was exhausted. Wedding planning and Met Gala's fitting in one day was the worst combination. Tossing her sneakers to the side she walked to the phone ready to call room service, but stopped when she saw that dinner had been ordered already. Rob was already there, on the couch with his laptop.

"Hey." Looking from his screen, that he closed. Kristen joined him on the bed and laid her head onto his shoulder. "Tired?" She nodded. "Okay, dinner in bed." He decided and Kristen agreed quickly going under the covers watching Rob getting their food. Taking her plate from his hands she waited for him to sat down next to her. Silently they started to eat.

"Can we skip the MET? I'm so fucking tired." Kristen said between bites. Rob chuckled. "I can't wait to be married and for us to leave far away from this."

"Five months to go, love. And then you're all mine."

Two days later, Rob and Kristen were getting ready in a hotel room. Both were stressing out a bit more than usual, and the reason was that it was their first MET Gala together. With how many years they had been together it amazed them it never happened before. Kristen let her team took pictures of her for their instagram. Then she walked to Rob who was taking a smoke on the balcony.

"You ready?" He asked when he felt her standing by his side and let his cigarette on the ashtray. "What are you doing?" He asked when he saw Kristen putting her phone on camera mode.

"Memories, babe." Smiling he complied to her desire and they posed together for several shots. His arm around her shoulders he watched her post on her own private instagram and smirked at her caption. His fiancée was the cutest.

"I love you too." He whispered kissing her right cheek. "I think we really have to go now." Glancing at their teams waving at them. Taking Kristen's hand he walked them back in and they strolled out of their hotel being welcome by a horde of photographs.

Together they walked the red carpet and stairs. Posing together and alone, but always smiling and looking at each other. This sort of event was a routine for them, but to the world it was all about them taking a step further in their relationship. And they all loved to see Kristen's engagement ring.

_____
Hello 🤗
Long time no see I know.
Anyway it's short but it's something ahah.
Just so you know the next chapter is ready, I'll probably post in a week.

To anyone who also reads 'July', I'm sorry you have to wait a bit longer. I'm gonna try to finish this story first. It should be over soon 🤞.