5| A Place

Paris. March 2016

A hoard of clicking was heard in the arrival hall of Charles de Gaulle airport, among a bunch of yelling. In this craziness Kristen was walking out to the car assigned to her. Unfortunately she forgot to put her earbuds on and she could hear the crazy questions that was asked to her, as if she was gonna give them an answer or even a reaction. Quickly she walked to the car she rented for her stay in Paris. Door opened to her she got in and once sat she let out a breath. She will never get used to this.

An arm passed behind her shoulders and she buried her head into his warm chest. She was glad Rob could take that trip with her. Both of them were on a break from any kind of work, that meant lots of time spent together and relaxation. Though they were back in Paris to start the organisation of their upcoming wedding, not sure it was that stressless.

Rob pressed Kristen's body against his the whole ride to their hotel.

Forty minutes later they arrived in the quartier of Montmartre, where they'd stay for a few days. Kristen barely made it the whole way awake before collapsing on the bed of their room. Rob helped her take off her shoes and jacket, and watched her slide under the covers. His fiancée was totally jet lagged. Traveling from Los Angeles to London and now Paris was definitely affecting her sleeping schedule.

Seeing she was asleep he walked to the balcony. Even though March was still a really cold month, he wanted to enjoy the view. It was his first time in the Hotel Particulier, Kristen went there alone for some work event a few years back. This place didn't feel like you were in the city. It was isolated and felt like you were in the countryside in the middle of the 19th Century of some sort. So far, he liked the vibe he got out of it and he understood why she fell in love with that small hotel. After a while he got cold and stepped back inside and decided to join Kristen.

More or less an hour later Kristen woke up in warm arms. She was confused not remembering falling asleep. Turning around, keeping Rob's arm around her, she admired him. Slowly she moved her right hand to his face and pushed some hair away from his face, then she kissed his nose. Immediately she saw his lips turning into a smile.

"Slept well?" He asked her opening his eyes and tugging her closer to him.

"Like a baby. Though we can't sleep all day." She told him, her hand still scratching his hair.

"Says who?" Rob questioned her. "We're free to do what we want today."

"I know. But I wanna see the city with you." She kissed his cheek and moved out of his grasp to get out of the bed. Having no answer from him she turned back at him.

"They know we're here." Rob sat against the headboard watching her changed her clothes.

"I'm aware. And that doesn't change a thing." Kristen's voice was hard and pained, and Rob knew what she was feeling like. Sighing he joined her in front of their opened luggages.

"Baby." He grabbed her hands stopping her rummaging through their belongings. He waited for her to focus on him before talking. "Are you sure you wanna get married?" Kristen's shot up wide opened totally surprised by his words. "I mean. Of course we will but you know how crazy and relentless they are here. Maybe a place less susceptible to-"

"It's a risk I know but we can do it." She interrupted him, getting on her knees like him. "We're not doing something huge, right?" He nodded yes at her. "I don't want them to steal our day and sell it to the world, but I don't want to sacrifice us either."

"And I don't want you to sacrifice yourself. I want a happy bride." He bent down to her lips and kissed her softly. "Promise me that if at any point you want to change the place or you want us to elope, you tell me."