9| French Countryside

Cannes. How much Kristen loved coming here. Celebrating movies, what a chance she had to be a part of this prestigious festival. And even better she was sharing this with her fiancé. Rob had joined her from London on the same day she arrived from Los Angeles. Her movie 'Café Society' was opening the festival and she was beaming the whole walk through the famous stairs. When she was on top of them, she squinted her eyes trying to decipher Rob, and when she did her smile was even bigger. He rarely missed an event of hers. Always there to support her. And so was she for him. Later that night they walked out of the after party hand in hand.

On the morning of his birthday, Kristen was grateful she was free of work. Her first round of promotions was over. The next couple of days would be devoted to Robert. Getting out of the bed to slightly open the curtains, so the sun was illuminating her room enough to create a lovely halo. She rushed back under the covers. Her left hand smoothed over Rob's back and forth. A minute later Kristen heard his satisfied sounds and she giggled. Slowly Rob turned his head around to face her. Patiently Kristen waited for him to fully wake up.

"Good morning baby." She whispered moving her hand through his hair. "Happy birthday." She kissed him.

"Best morning ever." Rob grabbed her by the waist bringing her closer. They cuddled in silence. "I love you." He felt her lips on his chest through his t-shirt.

"I love you too, old man." She mumbled trying to hold back her laugh. Kristen yelped when Rob slapped her ass.

"Old man you say." He moved his body he was above her. Kristen was still smiling proud of her taunting and nodded at him. "You think you can keep up then?" She had no time to answer that he bent down to kiss her. With as much passion she kissed him back.

"Show me, old man." Rob didn't waste time. It was his birthday and he woke up with the love of his life teasing him. What else could they do apart from morning sex?

Later Rob and Kristen were out of bed and ready to go out. Their mood was reflecting the earlier hours they spent loving each other. Hand in hand they walked to the elevators going down to the garage level. Kristen was leading him and he followed her having no idea of what she had planned. Because he knew her. When did she not a plan. Taking keys out of her pocket she clicked on it and lights lit a few feet away.

Smiling Kristen looked back at him and untied her hand from his to open the car door, but stopped when she heard Rob protest.

"I'm not sure I wanna spend my birthday with you driving. You've never driven in France before." Rob stated fearfully, placing his hand over hers on the handle.

"I learned to drive on the right side of the road contrary to you." Kristen raised an eyebrow daring him to contradict her. "And you don't know where we are going. Get in the car." Watching her climbed into the driver side he grumbled and took place in the passenger seat.

Not even five minutes later Rob was really appreciating looking at her driving. Of course it wasn't the first time they were driving together with her at the wheel. But it was the first time he saw her driving a manual car. And that was so hot to his eyes. Everytime she changed gears he was ready for her to stop the car and take her right there. The idea to buy her a manual car popped in his head. Yeah he definitely would do that.

"Is you driving my gift? Because I really enjoy it." He slid his hand on her tight. "A lot."

"Didn't you get enough this morning?"

"New fantasms are coming to my mind." Kristen chuckled. "Right here." He squeezed her right.

"Stop." She bit her lip. "I'm driving." She dared to look at him and his eyes were such a dark green.