Chapter XII

"I'm sorry," your mom said to you over the phone, "I just haven't visited her in a while and I thought I'd visit her before she leaves Korea. Ok?"

You hummed in response and down-heartedly sent your mom off. Today was your day off, and you planned a perfect day with your mom, but she had other plans. You plopped in your bed and looked up at the ceiling as you sighed heavily; the afternoon sun seeping through your large window.

You were kind of happy you didn't have to see her since you didn't want to be awkward with her, knowing the fact that she might not be your mother. If she wasn't your real mother, then who was she? Could she be the lady you always saw in your dream? But that lady was in the CEO's office in a pretty frame; who was she exactly?

You walked out of your room before slipping on your converses and putting your key chain around your neck, locking your apartment door behind you. You had to find out who she was, and why she was in your dreams. Was she the reason why lots of people at the company thought you looked like someone?

You walked down the sidewalk of the busy Busan streets in the afternoon in your baby blue long sleeve hooded dress as you walked to the nearest internet café. As soon as you entered, you pulled yourself in a chair and began your search.

"Mrs. Kim of 'Most' magazine", you searched as you scrolled down the web page. You found a page and clicked before scanning the article.

Kim Hari, the wife of Park Seungmin, the CEO of 'Most' magazine was killed in a deadly car accident that took the lives of many others. After the breaks and gas pedal of her car failed to work, Kim Hari and her 4 year old daughter Park Eunbi unfortunately died.

After visiting the site, Busan Police have notified the public that Park Eunbi was in fact not in the car at the time of the accident, and only Kim Hari's body was found. The black box of the car was set on fire and couldn't be used as part of the investigation as to why Park Eunbi wasn't in the car and the reason why the pedals and brakes failed to work.

Few days later, Busan Police had addressed that Park Eunbi was not in the car at the time of the accident. However weeks later, body parts were found in the car during investigation and it was confirmed that Park Eunbi was in fact in the car and was later confirmed dead, following the funeral of both Mrs. Kim and her daughter Park Eunbi.

You sat back in your seat and sat there shock to read such thing. You saw pictures of Mrs. Kim, she looked exactly like the lady in your dreams. You looked to the right to see a picture of the 4 year old girl. Your eyes widened to see the picture. If you were sure enough, that was you. The unique birth mark on the girl's neck was the shape of a diamond, and it was on your neck as well. You closed the tab, and rushed out of the internet café as fast as you could.

You were one 110% sure that was you, but if you were dead, why were you here, alive? That fact that the girl looked like you and your 'mom' is your adoptive mom made all sense as to why people said you looked familiar. Of course, you looked like Park Eunbi, you were Park Eunbi. You needed to make sure. You needed to take a DNA test, you needed to confirm it.

If you were the daughter of CEO Park Seungmin, did that mean you actually had a father and your father wasn't some alcoholic who left before you were born? If that was true, then that rude Jinyoung was your brother, and Taehyung was your step-brother. This was bad, really bad.

You didn't want Taehyung to be your step-brother. You wanted him to be a person with no connection other than business to your family. If you were Park Eunbi, you would have no chances, what so ever in liking Taehyung. So you thought, and decided, you were going to hide it.