Chapter XIV

"Naeun? Is that you?" you hear interns calling your name as you walk past them to Taehyung's office. 

You took Somi's advice, you were going to change yourself to look pretty and elegant, and play hard to get. You smiled to the interns as you finally made your way to his office and swung the door open.

"I brought the sales from the retail store," you told him as his didn't look up, his eyes glued to his computer screen, "They say if we continue this way, we might make enough to beat Mrs. Soo's digital magazine twice,"

That caught Taehyung attention as he looked up at you. You looked at the tablet in your arms as you stood in front of his desk. He eyes scanned your slim body as you dress hung around it loosely. You had done it, you allured him and you purposely switched your balance from leg to another as you saw him from the corner of your eye starring at you.

"Since the sales have been pretty reliable," you began, "I think it would be a good idea to bring in the new men's line you've been talking about at our past meetings."

Taehyung wasn't paying attention; he was mesmerized in your hair, your fingers, your arms, waist and legs. He wanted to set your clothes on fire as it drove him mad crazy. You clearly noticed and you smirked to yourself.

"What do you think," you turned to face him, catching him off guard. He sat up straight and cleared his throat.

"I, uh, yeah, we should do that," he agreed with you, then you put the cover on your tablet and walked over to your desk. A couple of moments later, Taehyung received a call from the front office, his eyes darkened at the news and he suddenly looked up at you.

"Naeun," he called out to you, "there's someone waiting for you at the front desk."

Confused, you stood up and straightened your dress walked out of his office.

Who was waiting for you? You never had guest, or anyone wait for you.

"Naeun," you heard the soft voice call out to you. It was your mom; she stood there wearing a cute flower jumpsuit and black cardigan. She held a small basket in her hands as her shoulder length brown hair showered over her.

Unlike some interns who would ignore their parents when they came, you ran into her arms and hugged her tightly. You were a bit taller than her as your heels made you taller, and you looked down at her.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" you said surprised.

"Since I was out of town on your off day," she began as she tugged your arm, "I thought I'd visit you".

You couldn't help but smile at how cute your mom was, you loved her so much and it hurt the fact that she wasn't your actual mom. You told her it would be great if you took your picnic to the roof as you and your mom set a blanket on the roof and began to eat.

You didn't know how to ask her, as you nibbled on your sushi. Your mom could tell something was bothering you as she looked up at you worriedly.

"Mom," you began, your fingers sweating as you tried to bring yourself to talk about it, "a couple of weeks ago I got hurt and went to the hospital".

"Oh my lord! Are you hurt? What happened? Wait, what? A couple of weeks ago? Why didn't you-"

"It's okay, I'm fine," you tried to calm her down, "but, I found out a couple of things while I was there."

Your mom narrowed her eyes at you and prayed for it to be good news. But her hopes plunged when she saw tears form in your eyes. You tried to calm yourself down, but the thought of you being adopted was killing you.

"I just want you to be completely honest with me and answer me with a yes or no," you told her as you fought the tears that threatened to expose you. Your mom slowly nodded, as she waited for your question.

"Am I adopted?" your voice broke. Your nose was red and your voice on the verge of breaking down. Your mom sighed and looked to the ground as she put her food down. Your tears began rolling down your cheeks and your heart felt like a train had ran over it as you saw your mom slowly nod. She scooted over to you and placed her hand around your shoulder before pulling you into a hug.

"I'm sorry," she said trying to hold back her tears. She knew she was busted, but she didn't know when you found and what you thought of her now.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was in a mess himself. Yuji had come to visit him, and she didn't come to relax.

"What do you mean you knew?" she said as she walked after him in the small office space.

"You're too obvious," he told her.

"Well does that mean, our feeling are mutual?" she asked pretending to be cute as she twisted her hair in her fingers, "I knew it. All this time you've been playing hard to get, but in reality you were just trying to make me fall in love with you.