Chapter 1 - Here's The Thing

It all started way back in college. At nineteen I already had my degree but I felt that it wasn’t enough. My mother pushed me to pursue Accountancy. Although I was good at it, I never really liked it. For two years I worked for an accounting firm, saved enough, and reenrolled for Computer Science. Yep. Since junior high I knew I had a knack for programming.

So I went to college. But don’t get me wrong. I am not that straight A, goody good student. I am Lorenzo Ruiz, I smoke, I drink. But I never fail a subject. I know. I am blessed. Lucky me, blah, blah.

So that time I was twenty, I am pursuing something I love and had my friends, great friends actually. I was really in love with Claire. Yep, I’d go to the ends of the earth just to be with her. I love her (at least I knew I loved her) so much.

Claire was a great partner. Great at everything, acads, family, relationships, great friends, too.

That time, we’ve been together for two years and it felt like eternity. We thought nothing could go wrong anymore. I promised her marriage.

“Just let me finish this course. This is for us, you know.”

“Okay, but IF I caught you cheating on me...”

“Babe, no. That would never happen. Never.”

Every day, my routine was to go to school, my Dad always gives me a ride to school, go to Uncle Sam’s to hang out with friends, then dinner with Claire, and then go home. It was quite stationary but I had fun. I was satisfied. Heck, I was just doing it for almost two months now.