Chapter 5 - Sorcery?

I decided, since we are in the same group, that I should give Kara a chance. She seems to be a nice girl anyway.

I opened my umbrella and shared it with Kara. We started to continue our journey.

“Aren’t you getting wet?” Kara.

“No. Never mind about me. Aren’t you?”

“Nope, thanks.”

It was hard to stay away from Kara and be close enough so that she won’t get wet at the same time. Also, she was keeping her arms at her sides all the time which makes it harder because I had to keep an eye where her hand hits me. Ugh.

“Um… Enzo?’

“Mm?”

“It’s a bit uncomfortable… is it okay if I held your arm?” a bit straight forward, I like that.

“Yes sure. Actually, it’s been a hard time for me too.”

“Why didn’t you say so? You know what? I think we should make the most out of this… Let’s have fun!”

I was about to say yes but I remembered I still had to go to Claire’s.

“Kara, let’s not get wet… if that’s what you mean. We don’t want to get sick, do we?”

She didn’t answer me. She just held my arm and it was way too easier for me.

“Tell me about yourself Kara.”

“I think that’s a vague statement. You can ask me anything.”

“Alright. Um… you’re a transferee, right?”

“Yep. I was a Physics student but I realized it wasn’t really my thing so I shifted to HRM (Hotel and Restaurant Management).”

“Because it was popular?”

“No. Because I love to cook.”

“I see. So, how old are you?”

“I’m eighteen.”

We talked of stuff and I discovered things about her.

She loves animals, dogs to be exact.

She is good in math. I was asking her questions about Calculus and she was answering it like it was just a typical question. Actually, she’s great at academics. She’s a geek although she won’t admit that.

Her father died five years ago and that’s why she’s so happy-go-lucky. She had to be strong for her mother.

I noticed she really listens when I tell a story. Unlike Claire who distracts me with her kisses everytime I want to tell something.

Not that I hate that…

“What you should do is set achievable dreams. That way, it wouldn’t be so hard for you to please yourself.”

Kara’s happiness is so shallow, like she saw a puddle and jumped on it and was very happy. She’s like a kid. Everything that’s her is so simple. It’s not so hard to fall for her…

Wait… what?!

No, I am not going to fall for Kara. I have my Claire, I love her so much.

“Hey, Enzo. Are you alright?”

“Huh?”

“I said…”

“I know what you said.”

She didn’t answer. She felt my sudden coldness.

I don’t want to be too close to Kara. It would be dangerous.

We were quiet until we reached the terminal. We rode the same jeepney but I got down earlier. Kara was sleeping when I got down. I understood, it was a very long walk so I didn’t bother waking her up.

Bye, Kara. It was nice meeting you.