Chapter 10 - Marcus, seriously?

A/N: Today I just can't get enough of the word seriously.

As in SRSLY? Haha!:)

Anyway, here's my next installment, I do wish you guys comment on it so I'd know how you feel.:)

Thanks.

PS. This one I had fun writing because I got the chance to write about accounting stuff.:D

Kudos to all accounting students.:D

_____________________________________________________________________________

September 5th.

Last night was… memorable.

Plus sides, I get to see Claire with nothing on, she got to see all of me too, we got to kiss each other everywhere.

But aside from that, nothing else happened.

Yes, we didn’t get to finish what we started.

I didn’t chicken out. I just can’t bring myself to do it. I don’t know. Something I don’t know was bugging me.

“I’m so sorry…”

“You don’t have to be, I understand how much you respect me.”

It’s not that, I know. It was very frustrating. I’m so eager to do it with her. But there’s something…

I will never forget how my manhood failed me last night.

“Hey, Enzo, you okay?” Kara. We were hanging out at Uncle Sam’s with Marcus, Flora and Marika.

“Yep. I’m just a bit tired. You okay?”

“Super.” She smiled at me.

I was in front of Kara. Marcus was sitting beside her. Flora and Marika were sitting beside me, too busy with their faces.

“What’s that?” I noticed Kara was so busy with something.

“My assignment for our accounting class.”

“What’s it all about? I can help.”

“Really? Great! I was getting frustrated with this par value stuff.”

“That’s easy.”

I started explaining about stocks.

I’m already past the awkward issues with Kara. Now we were just friends. Just that. Maybe, those feelings I had for her, whatever they were, were just because she was new to the group.

“Oh! So if the stocks were issued at par value, there would be a fixed value for each stock?”

“Yes, say for example, a company issued P10,000 stocks at P10 par value. How many stocks did they issue?”

“A thousand?”

“Yes, great! What would your entry for that be?”

“That would be a debit to…”

Kara was thinking when suddenly, Marcus kissed her on the cheek.

Marcus freakin’ KISSED her on the cheek.

DUDE, WHAT THE HELL?!

Kara screamed and punched Marcus. Marcus was being a jerk and was just smiling like he has done something great.

I was just looking at Kara. She was freaking out like no one has ever kissed her before.

“You… jerk!” She was screaming at Marcus. Then she moved as far as she could away from Marcus.

I was still looking at her. I can’t bear to look at Marcus. How dare he kiss Kara just like that? Not only did he harass Kara, but he also acted like a total jerk in front of Flora and Marika.

I looked at the two girls beside me. Looks like they didn’t see what I saw. They were still busy with their faces.

I looked at Kara again. She was turning red now. Probably with anger.

I wanted to ease her anger somehow. I wanted to punch Marcus. I wanted to hug her and say it’s alright. I wanted to kiss her too…

Marcus stood up and went to the smoking room. Kara was now staring blankly at her notebook.

“Well, your question… That would be a debit to…”

Oh, we’re still doing that.

“It depends on what method you’re using. It’s either a memorandum entry method or journal entry method. If the problem is silent, it’s memorandum entry. So the entry to record the issuance of the stocks is to debit cash for P10,000 and credit common or preferred stock for the same amount.”

“Oh…”

Her concentration was weak now. I can’t let her understand what I say in this state of hers.

“You know, if I was your boyfriend, I would punch that asshole in the face.” I wasn’t planning on saying that. It just went out.

Kara smiled. “Would you punch him?”

I smiled. But what did she mean by that? Did she just ask me to be her boyfriend or did she just want me to punch Marcus?