Chapter 3 - The Start of a Long Walk... Literally.

We were walking for fifteen minutes now. How was it you ask? Well, pretty annoying!

For minutes now, all Marcus did was to talk to Kara.

I know it wasn’t Kara’s fault but I was already annoyed just by her presence. If she wasn’t here, Marcus and I were probably talking about almost anything. I forgot to mention that our interests are so alike that there was never a dull moment when we’re together.

Until this Kara came. I hate you, Miss.

I was walking behind them and they didn’t seem to care. I think they wouldn’t even notice if I stopped walking.

So I stopped walking.

Seconds passed.

“Haha! You are funny!” that was Kara. I can still hear them.

“Let’s bet on that! You’d get home by 7pm.” Marcus…

I’m not walking until someone notices my protest.

“Hey, it’s just 3pm! You…”

I can’t hear them anymore. God! They didn’t really pay attention!

Marcus, I hate you too.

I am not walking. Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

“Hey, wait up!”

They finally turned my way and waited for me as I ran the few meters I lagged.

I know I was on protest but I realized I had to go to Claire’s.

“What happened, Enzo?”

“Er, nothing. You guys seem to have fun.”

“Oh, Marcus was just telling me how strong he was and that he was a football player.” That was the first time that Kara actually talked to me.

“He said that?” I laughed. Marcus was giving me a threatening look. “I guess he is.”

Kara turned to Marcus then to me.

“You guys are hiding something from me.”

“Actually, I’m not a football player. I am a CS Athlete. Enzo’s the football player.” Marcus confessed.

“Was. I quit ages ago.”

“No way! Geek!” she didn’t pay attention. Am I invisible?

“Look who’s talking, bookworm!” surprisingly, Marcus wasn’t paying attention too.

Kara, what sorcery are you casting upon Marcus?

“Kara, look! That’s our village right there.” Marcus pointed at the village across the street.

“Umm… are you supposed to cross now?”

“Wha- oh! Oh, yes! I guess this is goodbye then. See you guys tomorrow! Hey, Enzo!”

“What?” I was a bit annoyed.

“Take care of Kara.”

As if. I will not talk until we get to the terminal. All I have to do is walk and get to Claire’s, nothing else.