Chapter Three: The Apology

"Come on, say something!" Malfoy begged as he followed me and Ginny down the corridor to transfiguration.

I haven't been talking to Malfoy ever since he jinxed Seamus on Saturday, which was four days ago. Seamus is doing just fine now. Madam Pomfrey mended his broken leg in just a merrily 10 minutes, no harm done to Seamus. Although he now tends to keep his distance between Malfoy and himself.

"One word, one word!" Malfoy dragged on, but I wasn't about to crack. He had no reason to do the thing he did. Maybe he hasn't changed at all.

That was enough Malfoy nonsense for Ginny.

"Just give up, Malfoy!" Ginny snapped, whipping around. "Whatever you're selling, we're not buying!"

Everyone in the corridor that was in ears shot stopped to watch the fight that was growing.

Malfoy looked takin back for a moment, but his eyes soon narrowed on Ginny.

"I don't believe you're apart of this Weasley, so why don't you just shove out!" He sneered.

"Oh, oh really?" Ginny cried, throwing her arms around, "who do you think you're talking to?"

"I think I'm talking to a filthy little--" Malfoy started, but I cut him off.

"Don't you dare!" I growled, "don't you dare say anything to her! Is this your way of apologizing? Looks to me as if you need a new way of apologizing, because you're not forgivin!"

I took a few steps closer to Malfoy, who whimpered slightly under my shadow. I leaned in close and narrowed my eyes.

"Keep acting like this and you never will be."

With that I grabbed Ginny's upper arm and we stamped up the stair case, leaving Malfoy standing in the middle of the corridor. I could hear him telling the kids that had stopped to watch to go on. I gave myself a little pat on the back for being able to stand up to Malfoy like that, I never thought I'd be able to do something like that without breaking down into angry or sad or frustrated tears. I actually felt stronger then earlier. It was a good feeling. However, something inside me felt different. Worst, maybe. But until I figure out what it is, I'll just ignore it. It can't be anything too important, right?

**

There was frantic knocks on the portrait door as I sat in my normal chair reading, ignoring Malfoy at the same time.

I slowly got out of the chair and opened the portrait door to see a sweating and panting first year with a scroll in his hand. He reached out the shakey arm with the scroll and shoved it in my head, while I stood staring at him, my eyes wide.

"From. Professor Slughorn," He panted, "Made me, run from the dungeons. Goodbye."

And with that, the unknown first year slowly went down the stairs. I watched him until I couldn't see him anymore. I closed the portrait door. When I turned around, Malfoy was standing one foot in front of me.

"What was that about?" He asked, looking at the scroll in my hand.

I merrily stuck my nose high in the air and walked around Malfoy, ignoring his question like I never heard it.

Malfoy let out a long, loud sigh and walked to his room, where he slammed the door and I heard his feet hitting the ground, which told me he was pacing in his room.

I sat down in my chair and unrolled the scroll that unknown first year had given me, saying it's from Professor Slughorn. One look at the writing and I realized it was Professor Slughorn, I knew his writing from all the scrolls I had gotten in 6th year.