Chapter Seventeen: OWL's

Have you ever had the stress of having to cramp everything of one subject in your head in one night? Yeah, well, that's pretty much what I do every day for two weeks. OWL's isn't one easy task, trust me. I may get the good grades, but I still have to study really, really hard.

That is why I spent five hours alone curled up in my chair by the fire out in the common room, the transfiguration book on the arm of the chair. I must have dozed off a few times, since I would suddenly ply open my eyes with a small lurch of my body. But this time I woke up a little different; Draco was sitting on the couch, watching me with a little smile tugging at the sides of his thin, and dry lips.

"Morning." He said happily.

I sat up straight and stretched in the chair. I looked around the common room with narrowed eyes. The fire had burned out while I was sleeping and light was now pouring in from the window. Even though the fire had bruned out, it was still warm in the common room. There is no trouble to tell that summer was coming.

"Good morning." I replied to Draco. I smiled up at him. My smile felt small and stretched. Maybe it was due to the fact that I had not moved it in so long and no water had touched them in ours. I imagine that they are dry and brittle. I moistened my lips in an attempt to loosen them a bit.

"Sleep well?" Draco asked. He seemed to be making small talk with me. That made me for some stupid reason, laugh. Draco just watched me with a bewild look on his face until I stopped and was able to finally answer his question that I had almost forgot over all the laughing.

"Yeah, I suppose. I fell asleep studying for transfiguartion, actually. Do you know when we will take that OWL today?" I asked.

Draco thought about it for a moment. I knew he had the answer, I could easily see it in his eyes. But he liked to keep me waiting and wondering, he liked to see me curious like this. "12:30." Draco finally told me with a toothy grin.

"What time is it now?" I questioned.

"You ask a lot of questions." Draco commented with a side ways smile.

"How are you going to learn if you don't ask questions."

Draco nodded at his defeat. "It's eight o' clock." Draco answered.

Now I stood up and stretched again. My back was stiff from the long hours of being curled up in a small ball in such a small amount of room. Draco watched me happily; I could see amusment and excitment in his stormy grey eyes. I didn't know what he was so excited about, but my guess has to be our transfiguration OWL. I know I am excited about it, but that's just me.

"Wanna get some breakfast?" Draco asked.

I nodded then looked down at my wrinkly clothes that I wore yesterday. I wrinkled my nose at the smell of them. "I'm going to get in the shower, then we can go to breakfast, alright?" I asked.

Draco shrugged. "Okay."

I would have kissed Draco before I left for my room, but I had morning breath. I can't kiss Draco with morning breath, that would be too gross! So with a smile towards Draco, I skipped into my room, got my new clothes, and hopped into the shower.

After I had gotten dried and dressed, did my hair and brushed my teeth, I felt ten times more clean and fresh. And I could tell I looked and smelled better by the way Draco watched me as I exited my room. He had a happy and anxious exspression on his pale face, the look of almost hunger in his eyes.

"Ready to get some breakfast?" Draco asked, holding out his hand for me.

I grabbed Draco's hand and walked with him towards the exit. "Yes, and I am starving. I never had anything to eat since dinner yesterday!" I moaned.