Chapter Eleven: Aftermath

Pansy's POV

I smiled evily at the letter I had just finished writing. I complemented myself on the Hermione-like hand-writing I had taught myself how to do. I reread the letter;

"Dear Rita Stupid Skeeter,

How dare you write that about me. It is not true, and I trust you know that! If you don't burn all the copies of your new book I'll burn your head.

Hoping you are well, Hermione Jean Granger."

Rita Skeeter is so idiotic she probably won't see the difference between the letters and suspect that this letter is the one she should take notice of the two.

The thing Rita Skeeter and Hermione Granger have in common;

Both stupid as a rock.

                                                          Hermione's POV

"How is he? Is he okay? Is he going to be just fine? Please tell me, is he going to be alright?" I asked Headmistress McGonagall urgently as she came out from the hospitial wing, closing the door behind her.

"We gave him a bezor and other antidotes, but we don't know what kind of charm or curse was used," McGonagall said slowly, she had me hanging onto her every word, "We called Professor Flitwick and Professor Panlio (Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher) and they could not identfy the charm or curse used either. But we did everything we could."

I took a small, sharp breath. I've had trouble with my breathing ever since Draco had been hurt happened. I've also haven't been eating or sleeping. Madam Pomfrey said I was just in shock of what had happened to Draco and I agree with her about the in shock part; I just couldn't wrap my head around it. It was nuts; things like this doesn't happen very often.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked again.

"As far as we know, he will be." McGonagall said with a small smile tugging at the side of her lips.

Relief spread through me like posion and the whole in my heart seemed to close a bit, but it wasn't completely closed. I needed to see Draco, I needed to see him smile, I wanted to see him laugh and have a good time, I wanted to know he was okay for myself.

"But Hermione, I need to ask," McGonagall stated, "Do you have any idea who would want to do this to Draco? Does he have or has he made any enemies lately?"

I thought about Ron and how angry he was when he found out I had dumped him so Draco and I could actually be together. I thought of what Ron could do about it. I thought about Pansy and how she wanted to get revenge on me for Draco chosing me over her. I thought of what extreme lengths Pansy would take and how far she would push the boundaries. But she wouldn't risk Draco's life to get revenge on me, would she?

I looked at Headmistress McGonagall's eyes. The green eyes pireced through my soul and made my heart swell. I knew by the sad look in her eyes that she was conserned about Draco and wanted to find out who did this to him just as much as I do. A new kind of resepect was given to McGonagall from me.

"No," I told McGonagall. "I don't have any clue."

McGonagall nodded with an understanding look on her face. But there was something in her eyes that told me she understood more then she was told. Maybe she even understood more then I did; at this point.