Chapter 17

Chapter 17

She is like my sister. I cannot marry my sister, maybe that’s why I think I have the potential to love her. Brotherly and sisterly love is something never to be ignored.

December the thirteenth 1795

The year of our lord

Diary of William Blake

Lady Georgina Phillips had been groomed for William Thomas Blake since childhood. Her family had fallen into debt quickly, and their only daughter had been an easy sacrifice. William had been at university when his family had begun their scheming. The girl had only been eight, and William was only seventeen. However, her family had collapsed, and seeing that the boy had potential, gave her away like a servant.

Her lessons from an early age had been to obey and serve her husband. When she was older she was trained to please him, give him whatever he desired and never question his decisions. She knew it was not a woman’s place to do otherwise but with this man she knew it deserved it.

She had barely met the man she was to wed but knew his family was of wealth, if not nobility, and he was a well-respected business man. Until, she was thirteen and she had been introduced to him, she was confused why she had been told to marry a man with no title.

But when she did she was in awe. This man was perfect; at twenty two he had the aura of an older man. His long blond hair groomed his perfect, angelic face and she bubbled with laughter whenever she spoke to him. He was polite, caring and courteous towards her. Nothing more and nothing less could be used to describe William Thomas Blake. That was three years ago.

As she grew older and she saw him less frequent she was adamant she would become the perfect wife for him. She wouldn't disobey him and her life would be focused on pleasing him. She had focused on being the perfect lady, sewing and learning to speak to him when he wanted. Talking to her friend Lady Meredith Pearl they had concluded the next step was to entice William to marry her.

So when she arrived at William's estate without a welcome and the servants gossiping about him going missing and a servant being raped or such her focus was naturally on her husband to be.

Conducting the household with a flurry she had all her items to her room. Their seemed to be no head servant, apart from some American things, and it seemed William had no servants either. Deciding she would fix it later, Georgia sorted herself out. She had taken a room close to William's and with a scowl prepared herself for dinner.

William had ordered dinner in his room and Georgina went to her chambers. Her maid probably spreading her legs for some extra pennies, Georgina brushed her blond hair, one hundred times and hung a cashmere shawl around her.

Slipping on her boots she headed to William's chambers. It was empty and she upset looked out his window hoping she would see a servant who could direct her to William's whereabouts. Seeing a man walking out with a lantern she recognized the crown of golden hair that belonged to William heading to the center of the maze.  Running and taking a short cut she hid behind the tree which William was most likely to settle at.

So now she was not unfazed when she fluttered her long eyelashes and touched William's broad shoulders. "William."

He turned around fell on his perfectly rounded ass. "Miss Phillips what are you doing?"

"I missed you." She twirled around and ran her long hands across her body. "I wished to see you again." Her slim fingernails trailed on her flat stomach.

"You will have yourself ruined. Stop that!" She stopped brushing her fingers across her bosom and looked down at the floor.

William hugged her and she looked up at him with watery eyes. "Have I displeased you William?"