Chapter 18

MeepyM: I was going to release this tomorrow, but something happend that meant I wanted to get it out today. The group its dedicated to, came into our school and really inspired me to just let go, concern myself with my happiness. Writing is a big part of me, not many people know that, and I've dedicated this chapter to Humanutopia, and my year group at my school. (I'm not revealing that much info that broadly) And although this book is a romance, some of what is being said can be appiled to life in general (Hopefully) Tell me if otherwise. Also, I think you will get why this story has its title, in this chapter. And feel free to PM me if you hate Watson and William's dad, because hopefully this chapter will do that.

Chapter 18:

One chance to confess, one time to release all the sin I had done, the perfect chance to redeem myself. I finally feel light again.

December the fourteenth 1795

The year of our lord

Diary of William Blake

William followed her eyes as she pointed towards the horizon. Her hand outstretched made her white linen shirt flap in the wind, and her long finger pointed towards the sea. William glanced at her whole body, she seemed happier because she could see the sunset. Katherine seemed more alive, even though she was wearing the same clothes and her hair was in the same style and nothing had changed in her life, because she could see the star shine.

She was wearing her long grey skirt, a white shirt and her hair was tied up in a loose knot. William smiled showing he was glad she was now accepting the clothing he had given to her, he was afraid she wouldn't do so. He kept his other hand holding hers, looking down to see she was clenching hard. He was glad his black pantaloons were still clean, but he was hot because he was nervous and he knew his shirt clung to his chest.

Many women would find it appealing. He knew Katherine was not like that, as well as several childhood acquaintances, there were some women who prided themselves on their purity. He could see she did not care that the, now transparent, showed the result of him being homeless. Running through the streets of London had allowed him his physique, and she did not even care.

William looked up again, thinking. That was nice, this moment was nice. Early December, and there was a peculiar sunset. They both stood silently on the pavement, there was no need for any words as the tweeting birds and the evening carriages both were noise enough.

The sun was not prepared to leave so quickly, it was a great ball of heat and was not to be easily forgotten. It continued to hover in the air, but was partly covered by the buildings on the street. The homes, with their white and brickwork exteriors only illuminated the sun in all its glory.

"The last sunset of the year," He whispered softly.

"Probably," She corrected.

The sunset was not only one color that evening, it was what inspired poems and fireworks and new life. And so, it was a mix of pink, yellow and orange. It threw its rays, the light reflecting on the white washed buildings, and turned the London road into a magical setting. It was not to be outshone that day, and it was on the perfect evening. On a day where they were alone, together, without the distractions of others- the sun knew its purpose.

"Don't ruin the moment," He quipped, squeezing her hand as he said so.

"This shouldn't be a moment," Katherine bit her lip and cleared her throat, softly. "We should return home."

"What?" He offered, only half joking. "Before it becomes a moment,"

Katherine wished it was, maybe one day she would see it with someone that could cherish her. It was a fairytale, like one of those that she read to the Watson children and she was not a special princess that could even have a chance. Those women, the tales that only led to them and their prince living happily ever after, were lucky.