Chapter 2 - Meeting the boys

„And this will be your room,” Perrie said as the girls ended the tour of the house. Perrie opened the door, and Tessa followed her inside, her dark blue eyes eating up every single detail. The room consisted of a king-sized bed filled with fluffy pillows, a black desk, and a huge closet plus, which Tessa already loved, a classic dress rail and a white makeup table with a mirror and lighting above it. Tessa's favorite part of this room was, however, none of these objects - what she loved, was the large glass doors that led directly onto the balcony. She could already imagine herself sitting out there enjoying a good book and the summer weather. „I love it,” she said and smiled thankfully at Perrie. „Of course, I knew you would,” Perrie grinned.  Perrie then asked, if Tessa would prefer unpacking or grabbing some food first. Tessa contemplated about this, but she decided it would be nice to get the unpacking over with. The girls dragged Tessa’s luggage to her room, and then they started Project-Make-This-Feel-Like-Home, as Perrie called it while imitating Ty Pennington from Extreme Makeover - Home Edition.

„I can’t believe this is your wardrobe. I want to be a big-shot blogger as well, if all the designers send you their fabulous clothing,” Perrie sighed, when the girls had unpacked all of Tessa’s things. She just laughed. „Don’t you dare be jealous of me babe. I know they send you tons of stuff as well, plus you have an amazing career going on and don’t even get me started on that wonderful and loving boyfriend you have”. „It’s just hard to please everybody you know. But you’re right, I’m quite lucky aren’t I?” Perrie said and smiled just by the thought of Zayn. Their love for each other was obvious. „And your family is so support and proud of you Perrie. Don’t ever forget that”. As soon as Tessa mentioned family, she felt her heart tighten and her mood fall. Of course Perrie noticed this. „Don’t be sad love, you know how proud I am of you right? You did all of this on your own. You didn’t need anybody, not even your stupid family - so when you go visit them, make sure to shove it in all of their faces. Promise,” Perrie asked. Tessa felt the lump in her throat. She tried to put on a smile and nodded to her best friend. „You have to pinky-swear,” Perrie continued and stretched out her little finger. She made a pinky promise. „I didn’t do it all on my own Perrie - I always had you, and I couldn’t have done it without you. All those nights where I truly believed I wouldn’t make it in this industry, you where the one who always told me to keep fighting for my dreams. You truly are my only family,” Tessa said. Perrie knew she wouldn’t be able to convince her best friend of her own drive and talent, so she just opened her arms and embraced her. „I love you sis,” she whispered. „I love you too Perrie and I always will,” Tessa said and buried her head in Perrie’s hair.

A cough interrupted the girls, and they both looked up to be met with five pair of eyes. „That was such a beautiful moment,” Louis said trying to keep a straight face, while the other boys laughed their asses of. Except Zayn who just smiled proudly at the girl, he was madly in love with. He knew about Tessa’s family, and he was so thankful, that the girls had each other’s support and love. „Guys, you ruined it,” Perrie said, but even she couldn’t stop laughing. „Zaynie!” Tessa screamed and ran towards him. „Zaynie? Well that’s masculine” Liam pointed out, and the boys broke down in laugher yet again. Zayn knew what was coming, but all of the boys carefully observed Tessa, as her petite body ran across the room and jumped him. He caught her just in time and pulled her into a big bear hug. „It’s good to have you back Theresa,” he said and smirked at her. „I told you not to call me that,” Tessa said and hit him playfully on the arm. „Oh I owe you big time for calling me Zaynie. Well boys, this is our dear friend Theresa Ozols, and this is the rest of the band,” Zayn said, as he introduced his bandmates to one of his best friends. „You of course know Niall,” he said, as she nodded and was granted a welcoming hug from Horan himself. „This is Louis, Liam and Harry,” he mentioned as he pointed out each of his friends. „I’m not oblivious Zayn. I know who is who,” Tessa said and rolled her eyes while laughing. „She’s feisty, I already like her,” Louis grinned. „Sorry Lou, she’s off limits - only here for girl time. Besides what would Eleanor say?” Perrie said and shoved him playfully. „You know I’m only joking love,” he said and sent a Perrie a wink.

„So Theresa,” Liam started, but Tessa soon cut him off. „I prefer Tessa actually,” She said and outstretched her hand, since she expected a handshake from the boys. „Sorry, but that’s not how we roll love,” Harry said and chuckled. Tessa looked at him, not understanding, but then Louis jumped her and together they fell to the ground. „Welcome to the family,” he yelled. It caught Tessa by surprise, but she already felt at home here. Liam quickly pulled Louis of her, and he then gave her a friendly hug, while whispering „Sorry about that”. Tessa just smiled, and then she turned to Harry, who just stood there with a goofy grin on his face. Tessa didn’t quite know how to react, so she just ignored the fact that Harry wasn’t going to welcome her - at least all of the other guys had seemed extremely nice. „Well it’s nice to finally meet all of you - and thank you so much for letting me stay here,” she said with a bright smile. The boys just said that she was welcome anytime, and then they all agreed that it was time to get some lunch - especially Niall seemed pleased with the idea. As everybody started to head down to the kitchen Harry stayed back with Tessa. He hastily grabbed her arms and plastered a brief kiss on both of her cheeks. „Feel free to make yourself at home Tess,” he then said and sent her a wink with those green emerald eyes before following the others. „It’s Tessa,” Tess called after him putting extra pressure at the a. He turned around and looked at her while grinning. „I prefer Tess,” he simply stated and disappeared down the stairs. What a flirt.

After lunch Tessa excused herself from the table. She was really jetlagged and defiantly needed of a nap. She couldn’t even bother herself with changing to sleepwear she just took off her jeans and jumped straight to bed.