Chapter 37 - Leaving without goodbye

Tessa held the note close to her heart after reading it repeatedly. He wanted her to be his girlfriend and that was all she ever wanted - but how could she accept this offer when she didn’t know what their future would bring? She then remembered both Taylor and Kendall and how easy it had been for both of them to create this big mess and how Harry and she wouldn’t be able to go on a normal date - well as normal as it could possibly be with his a-list celebrity status, because the entire world thought he was dating the perfect lovingly supermodel Kendall Jenner.

She scribbled down an answer on his note and before going downstairs she left it in his room on the pillow. With one single tear running down her face she was met with a smiling Perrie downstairs who sent all the boys’ love and wishes for a safe trip. They had apparently all stopped by before rehearsing but none of them had wanted to wake her up. „Well I’ll just call a cab and then I better get going - I think I’m already late,” Tessa laughed.  „Hell no, I’m definitely driving you to the airport - I wouldn’t miss our last English girl time together babe,” Perrie explained and grabbed the keys for her car. Tessa tried to object but was interrupted by Perrie. „Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!” She screamed.

„I can’t believe that this is it,” Tessa said and pulled Perrie in yet another hug. They were surrounded by paparazzi but neither of them cared anymore - right now they were just focusing on each other and the fact that they didn’t know when they’d see each other again. „God, I’m going to miss you so much dear - but enjoy New York I’ll come visit you every chance I get,” Perrie explained and when Tessa’s flight was called over the speakers, the two best friends finally let go of each other. „Take care love,” Tessa said, and Perrie replied: „Be safe love”. As Tessa walked through the airport she looked back over her shoulders and sent Perrie, who was still standing where Tessa left her, a small wave. Why was this so hard? How was she ever going to survive without these people?

As the airplane took off Tessa automatically grabbed Harry’s necklace. She was starting to regret the answer to Harry’s note, but she knew deep down she had made the right choice. She was already missing him and her friends but this was a dream she couldn’t give up on. She strived and craved after making it big - and perhaps New York was just the place to do so, and the place to start over. Luckily it was a direct flight so she didn’t have to stop over in other countries - there would have been too big of a chance for her to change her mind. Tessa plugged her headset in her iPod and couldn’t help herself but choosing Little Things and then she fell asleep with a smile on her face listening to Harry’s voice.

When Harry got home from rehearsals he practically ran to Tessa’s room to see if she had answered his note. He hadn’t been sure about asking her yet - but he was worried about losing her if they weren’t able to see each other, so he thought this was a way to make sure she didn’t leave him. The note wasn’t in her room, well her old room, and he once again checked his phone - she hadn’t texted her. And he knew she was on the plane right now, so her phone would be off. Harry then slowly waked towards his own room and when he opened the door, he didn’t notice the note on his pillow at first. He sat down on his bad and plugged his phone in the charger before seeing the white piece of paper on his bed.

With shaking hands and a fast beating heart he picked up the note. His eyes were closed and he tried to force himself to open them, but his body wasn’t following his orders. Harry Styles felt more nervous than when he was on stage in front of thousands of people. Just as he was about to read her replied Niall barged through the door. „Hey Harry I just wanted…” he started but Harry interrupted him. „What Niall? I’m not hungry and I don’t really have time for this,” Harry scoffed trying to hide his tenseness. „Sorry, I was just going to tell you, that Kendall was already here for your date - she said Modest tipped of the paparazzi regarding your whereabouts, so there will probably be lots of people,” Niall explained shocked by how angry Harry seemed. „Oh, well thanks mate,” Harry replied picking up on the ‘mate’ habit from the Australian 5SOS guys. „What’s bothering you?” Niall then asked while observing his friend worried. „Nothing, I just didn’t get that much sleep tonight,” Harry lied and even though Niall knew this was a lie, he gave his friend a small nod before leaving him alone in his room.

Great Harry had forgotten all about his plans with Kendall tonight. Another date in public. A date with his friend wasn’t exactly what he wanted when he knew the girl he was in love with was on her way to the other side of the world. He was already missing her presences. Harry grabbed one of his many beanies and was just on his way downstairs when he remembered the note. He ran back and read it quickly so he wouldn’t chicken out. But instantly he wished he hadn’t…

You cannot believe how sorry I am,

but it wouldn’t be fair to either of us…

Thank you for the necklace, I’ll wear it always.

I’m already missing you. X