Chapter 17 - The first date

„So, are you excited about tonight?” Perrie asked stilled focused on painting her toenails mint-green. „More like nervous - since nobody will tell me where we’re going. But I’m sure it’s nothing special; we’re probably just hanging right? Please I need a clue - more important I need to know what to wear,” Tessa whined. Harry had asked her if she was doing anything tonight - and she wasn’t sure if it was meant as a date or just a causal hangout. „Well nothing to casual but nothing to fancy either - and I’m pretty sure it’s a date,” Perrie winked knowingly. Harry had come to her desperately and confessed his feelings about Tessa - and she had of course agreed to help him plan their date. Tessa frustrated ran her fingers through her hair - a habit she had picked up from Harry. „A date?” She could already feel the nerves and tension in her body - even though Perrie and Tessa had spent the entire day at a relaxing spa. Tessa had left Perrie sitting on the floor in the middle of Tessa’s room - she was already throwing around clothes in her walk-in closet. „Too elegant, too rock chick,” Tessa mumbled as she tossed her outfits on the floor. „But this,” she said with an outfit in her hand „this is just perfect”.

„You are going to drive him crazy,” Perrie said and wiggled her eyebrows at Tessa. Tessa was wearing a floor-length black skirt with a long slit and a short loose white t-shirt. Her platinum blond hair was pulled back in a slick ponytail and both her nails and lips where painted deep red. „Well, I hope he thinks I look nice,” Tessa said and applied her favorite perfume - Mademoiselle from Chanel. The girls were interrupted by a knock on her room door - it was Harry coming to check if she was ready to go. „You look absolutely beautiful tonight Tess,” Harry said, his voice sounding more husky than usual. Tessa thanked him but couldn’t take her eyes of him. He was wearing his black skinny jeans with a white V-neck and a black blazer - they were matching. „Are you ready to go?” He asked. Tessa nervously nodded and grabbed her iPhone and wallet before heading outside to the car. „So where are we going?” Tessa asked and sneaked a glance at Harry, while he was driving the black SUV. „I already told you it’s a surprise babe,” he replied and gently put his hand on her thigh right on the slit. „Fine,” she mumbled and pretended to pout - even though she couldn’t focus on anything than his skin against hers.

When Harry parked the car he quickly got out and opened the door for Tessa. „What a gentleman,” she giggled and couldn’t help but notice his cheeks turning slightly pink. „Well I promised to treat you right didn’t I?” he sent her a wink and opened the door to the restaurant for her. The placed looked classy but the same couldn’t be said about the waitress who greeted them. She was wearing way too much makeup and her cleavage was showing so much it was quite inevitable not to look at. „Hello my name is Candy, and I’ll be your waitress tonight. What can I help you with?” She asked clearly just paying attention to Harry. Oddly Harry didn’t seem to notice as he answered. „Reservations for two under Styles - I asked for a private table”. The waitress nodded and asked them to follow her. As the gentleman Harry was he pulled out Tessa’s chair. „Just tell me if there’s anything else you need Mr. Styles, anything at all,” Candy leaned across the table as she poured him some wine. Harry just rolled her eyes at her, which caused Tessa to snicker - and Candy to send her the death glare.

„Thank you so much Harry, it has been a lovely evening,” Tessa said as they strolled back to the car - after Harry had paid for their meal despite of Tessa’s protests. Candy had even tried, without success, to slip her number in Harry’s jacket. He had made it quite clear that he wasn’t interested - and Tessa couldn’t stop giggling at the thought. „Oh but the night isn’t over yet Tess,” he said and a smiled formed on her lips - she was glad they got to spend more time together, since she had enjoyed dinner so much. „I guess I can’t persuade you into telling me where we’re going this time either then?” She asked hopefully and playfully batted her eyelashes at him. He just chuckled at her attempt of cute persuasion. When Harry pulled over at their next stop Tessa’s eyes widened. „Is this for real?” She asked and stared at him with her mouth open. „Yes it is, I hope you like it,” Harry replied anxiously. „Oh my god I love it! I’ve never been to London Eye before, gosh it must be such a beautiful view - come on let’s go,” she practically dragged Harry all the way to the Eye, who was clearly amused by her enthusiasm. „Are you sure they’re still open? It doesn’t look that way,” Tessa said sounding slightly disappointed. „That’s because I rented it for the night. I didn’t want anybody to intrude on our date,” he said shyly. This made Tessa smile even wider and she grabbed his hand before one of the capsules opened and an employee appeared.

„This is so gorgeous,” Tessa said watching the view from the top of the Eye. „Yes you are love,” Harry replied and pulled the blushing girl closer. He stood behind her with his arms around her just enjoying this perfect moment. This night had been, if possible, even better than he had expected - but there was one thing he had wanted to do the entire evening. Harry slowly spun Tessa around so she faced him and then he leaned in. The kiss was sweet and loving and it made him crave more - but he didn’t want to rush anything so he just placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before turning her around again and to watch the sunset.

Someone had clearly tipped the paparazzi of about their whereabouts, because when Harry and Tessa got out of the capsule the flashes went crazy. „Harry is this your new girlfriend?” „Isn’t that Tessa Ozols?” „How long have the two of you been dating?” Every paparazzo was yelling and Harry felt a need to protect Tessa and put his arm around her to pull her closer. One of the paparazzi got a hold of Tessa’s arm and she winced as he tightened his grip. Harry noticed this and clenched his first getting ready to, in his own words, take care of the situation, before Tessa got loose and put a hand on his chest to calm him down - which she luckily exceeded in. They hurried to the car, and Harry didn’t relax until they were on the road again.

Tessa laid in her bed late that night, still using Harry’s t-shirts as pajamas, thinking about their evening together. She could still feel his lips linger on hers as he kissed her goodnight and the warmth from his hands against her skin. She tossed again, not being able to sleep she got up and went to the kitchen to get a cup of tea. As Tessa was on her way back to her bedroom she heard screaming from Harry’s room. „Stop, stop it! Don’t hurt her,” Harry yelled. Tessa stormed into Harry’s room without thinking, scared of who might be in there - so she was surprised when she found there to be nobody. Harry was now stirring in his sleep while he was muttering meaningless sentences. „Harry,” Tessa whispered trying to wake him up from his bad dream. „Stop,” he shouted again. „Harry it’s okay, it’s just a dream,” Tessa said and shook him gently. He winced at her touch. „Harry it’s okay - it’s just me, it’s Tess,” she calmly said. This made Harry open his eyes. He quickly examined the room before allowing his tense body to relax. „It was just a dream,” Tessa whispered and stroked his hair. „It was a nightmare Tess, a horrible one,” his voice was still shaking. „Do you want to talk about it?” She asked. He just silently shook his head, but when Tessa was about to leave he grabbed her hand. „Please stay,” his raspy voice was begging. Tessa couldn’t leave him like this - it wasn’t even an option for her. „Scoot over,” she said with a small smile before lying down next to him. Harry felt relieved that she wasn’t leaving him alone after the dream he just had about her being hurt, without him being able to do anything about it. He felt more relaxed the minute he knew s­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­he was safe, but he still securely put his arms around her and pulled her closer and finally they both drifted off to a calm dreamless sleep.