Chapter 21 - Something is definitely wrong

When Tessa entered their house it seemed like nobody was home, but when she headed towards the kitchen she heard noises. „Hello? Is anybody here?” She yelled. Nobody answered but suddenly Harry stormed towards her. „Tessa I didn’t think you would be back yet - you can’t come in here. You just… Stand right here and then I’ll come and get you in a sec okay,” Harry frustrated ran his hand through his hair and closed the door right in her face. What the hell was going on? Was someone in there with him? „Harry what’s going on?” Tessa nervously asked but she stayed in the hallway like he had asked her to. She heard someone running up the stairs - and a little later down again. Was he hiding something? Or someone? She was being paranoid and she knew it… But she couldn’t stop herself because of the rumors Ashley had told her - and Tessa couldn’t deny the fact that Harry could have any girl he wanted - why had he chosen her? She wasn’t anything special - and come on, he had been dating Taylor Swift before this, perhaps the rumors were false but she was just a rebound girl. She had never considered this possibility but it was definitely imaginable. Harry had been hurting when they met - and he hadn’t even liked her in the beginning.

„Okay you can come inside now,” Harry finally opened the door and stepped backwards to make room for her to enter. His eyes nervously flickered away from her gaze and she swallowed the lump in her throat before stepping into the room. She anxiously inspected every details of the kitchen but nothing seemed to be different than before. „What exactly is going on Harry?” Tessa asked and nervously bit her bottom lip. „Well… Nothing down here - but I want to show you something up in the music room,” he said and reached for her hand which she cautiously put in his. They walked up the stairs in silence and Tessa could practically hear her heartbeat fasten. Was he going to confess everything now? Or was he going to dump her before even doing so? „Well I hope you like it Tess,” Harry said before slowly opening the door. Tessa just stood there frozen and couldn’t really understand what was going on. „Hazza, what is this?” She asked and took a step into the music room. The light was off but the sun was shining through the huge glass panels and innumerable candles lit up room. On the floor Harry had placed a blanket and a picnic basket filled with chocolate covered strawberries and grapes. „I just thought we could use some time together, just the two of us… Don’t you like it?” Harry asked already regretting his actions - since he couldn’t interpret her facial expression. „No,” she just stated and finally met his eyes - her lips tugging slightly upwards. „I love it,” She said and pecked his lips before sitting down on the blanket. Harry couldn’t stop the stupid  grin on his face, even if he tried.

„You’re so horrible at this!” Tessa laughed and threw another grape at Harry who again unsuccessfully tried to catch it with his mouth. „It’s you who can’t aim,” Harry snickered and quickly kissed her cheek before laid down on his back. Today had been amazing and all of Tessa’s doubts about Harry had disappeared like clouds before the sound. „Can I tell you a secret?” Tessa asked and lay down next to him. „Sure, you know you can tell me everything Tess,” he replied sincerely and leaned his weight on his elbow to face her. „I was really nervous when you asked me out on our first date,” she said and avoided his gaze. „Nervous, why?” he asked not understanding. „Well you know Mike really hurt me - and since that I really had trouble trusting people again. But you were really there for me through it all, so thank you so much,” Tessa said and felt the blush instantly. Harry didn’t respond immediately and Tessa almost started to regret confessing her emotions to him when he answered. „No need to thank me love, I would never hurt you like that,” he said and pulled her closer. But once again Tessa felt this nagging feeling about something being wrong - and once again Harry avoided her gaze. Something was clearly going on.

„Harry what’s going on?” Tessa asked when she finally gathered the courage. „What are you talking about?” Harry instantly got defensive - he couldn’t let Tessa know about management, especially after what she told him earlier. „Don’t lie to me. I can tell something is bothering you - and it has been ever since the meeting with Management” she said and lightly brushed her hand along his arm where she felt his muscles tense beneath her touch. She quickly pulled back. „You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to,” she simply stated and sent him a small smile - which he could easily tell was fake. „It’s not that I don’t want to tell you - I just don’t want to hurt you,” he said as soon as he noticed the sadness in her eyes, she already slowly felt him slipping away from her. Harry regretted his choice of words as soon as they slipped out his mouth. Now he had to say something… „Management just got pissed because of the pictures of us - but I just told them we would lay down from now on, so no worries babe,” he said and pecked her lips trying to distract her. „Oh okay, then we’ll just not go out that much - it won’t be a problem,” Tessa replied already believing his lies and Harry instantly felt relieved but at the same time his conscience was eating him up.

„I went to the UK department today,” Tessa stated while her and Harry was cleaning the music room from the grapes that Harry hadn’t been able to catch - which was quite frankly the main part. „Cool babe, how was it?” Harry asked still sounding somewhat unfocused. „It was really good - Alexandra seemed so nice. And she actually asked med to help them with this shoot they have coming up soon - I’m so excited to get starting,” Tessa blabbered. „That’s great Tess, I totally understand how it feels to have just reached your dream,” Harry said smiling at her and pulled her into a soft hug. When  he felt her put her arms around his neck his heartbeat slowly calmed down - he cared too much about her to do this to her. He had to tell her the truth but somehow he couldn’t. Besides, it wasn’t like he was playing her or anything - he just needed this to stay hidden so she wouldn’t get hurt, because he wouldn’t be able to survive hurting her when he knew how much she trusted him. „Let’s go downstairs and check on dinner - it wouldn’t surprise me if Niall already talked Liam into cooking something,” Harry continued and pulled Tessa after him.