Chapter 29 - Making up

„Well it’s Kendall… We’ve been meeting for lunch and dinner for some time now - but I swear I have been honest about it - I’d always tell you when I was seeing her, I just didn’t mention the reason why. Besides we’re good friends so we were probably going to meet up anyway,” Harry explained and tried to read Tessa’s facial expression. „Thank god,” Tessa hadn’t noticed she had been holding her breath. „You’re relieved?” Harry asked confused. „Yeah, I guess - since I know her and she’s so nice. I mean I know she wouldn’t do anything on purpose to hurt me. Besides I trust you - I just thought you didn’t care about me,” Tessa hesitantly replied before getting up and pouring the rest of the now cold tea out in the sink. „How could you think I didn’t care? I’ve been the one seeing all of those pictures in the magazines of you and other guys?” Harry suddenly felt the need to defend himself - he had been so confused about those pictures, and he needed to know what was behind them. „Are you fucking kidding me right now?” Tessa was shocked - how dared he. „I have never giving you a reason not to trust me - even though you had a fake girlfriend behind my back I haven’t moved on or even gotten over you,” she spat - now she was the one pacing around.

„Then why did you get Alex Pettyfer’s number?” Harry asked and clenched his fists and this question made Tessa furious. „He’s shooting with Vogue - its work related Harry. How come you even care, you’re the one dating someone else behind my back,” she explained vividly. „I already told you - it wasn’t my choice and I wanted to stop it but Management wouldn’t let me! Kendall is just a friend” Harry was yelling now. „Well Alex is just a colleague,” she sarcastically answered. She was wondering how their calm talk had turned into this horrible fight. „He’s a bloody dick, that’s what he is,” Harry mumbled. „What?” Tessa couldn’t believe these words just came from Harry’s mouth. „Excuse me?” She asked shocked. „He’s probably just trying to get into your pants”. „Oh my god Harry - don’t you trust me?” She was practically screaming at him by now. He didn’t answer because he had no clue what to say. Of course he trusted her - he just didn’t trust any other guys around her. She was always oblivious to how the guys couldn’t take their eyes off her - but he wasn’t.

Tessa took Harry’s silence as a sign of him not trusting her. „Then why are you even here?” She yelled and this time she even threw a sofa cushion at him. „Why did you put this much energy into explaining this to me? Couldn’t you handle one person in the world not loving the precious Harry Styles? Why do you keep calling and making it impossible for me to forget you? Why Harry? Why?” She asked her voice almost cracking. „Because I’m in love with you, you idiot,” Harry responded seriously and this made Tessa stop everything. Did she just hear him right?

Tessa discreetly observed his defeated body language and panicked when he said the next sentence. „But I’ll just leave you to it - but Tess please believe me when I say: I’m sorry I clearly can’t be what you want - or what you deserve for that matter,” Harry softly said before reaching for the door handle. „But you are,” Tessa whispered stunned. Harry instantly turned around to face her and even though she was in the other end of the room, he could still feel the sparks between them. „What did you just say?” He asked trying to understand her previous statement. „I said that you are - how come you can’t see it? Harry you are everything and the only one that I want,” she said and suddenly they were both standing in the middle of the room. Harry gently stroked her cheek. „Could you please repeat that last thing?” She asked blushing. „What not the one about not being what you want?” He asked jokingly. „No Harry, the other thing,” she replied and swatted his arm. He smoothly put his arms around her waist. „The one about me being in love with you?” He teasingly asked. Tessa shyly put her arms around his neck and stepped closer to him. „Well Tess, I’m in love with you,” he seductively whispered in her ear before kissing her neck. „I’m in love with you too Hazza,” her cute giggles automatically made Harry smile and his smile was infectious.

Harry started moving as if there were music playing in the room. „What are you doing?” Tessa chuckled. „I’m dancing with the most amazing girl in the world,” he simply replied before kissing her forehead. Tessa felt a huge smile spread on her face. „But there isn’t any music,” she stated and soon enough Harry was humming one of Ed Sheeran’s absolutely indescribable songs, Kiss Me. They moved around for what felt like five minutes but most likely was half an hour, before Harry remembered his obligations. „I’ll just make a few quick phone calls - how about we just spend the day together then?” He asked and pecked her lips which once again caused her to smile. „Sure,” she answered and found her own phone. Tessa firstly texted Zayn that everything was okay, and that Harry and her had talked things out. She then called Perrie to tell her, that Harry was spending the day - so she should just go visit Zayn when the ‘meet and greet’ was over - and lastly she sent a short text to Louis telling him that she thought everything was going to be okay again.

Harry first called Louis. „Hey mate, how’s everything going with Tessa?” Louis asked nervously - he feared he had messed everything up by talking to Tessa on the phone earlier. „We talked things through and I really believe it’s going to be alright again,” Harry explained while watching Tessa talk to Perrie over phone - he felt so genuinely happy. „That’s great mate! So I guess you’re calling to cancel on the recording today?” Louis asked already knowing Harry’s motive. „Yeah, I was thinking if you guys just could start recording your solos?” He asked even though he was sure Louis would agree to this. „Of course - just go and enjoy some time with your girl mate,” Louis said before hanging up on him. Before joining Tessa, who had already placed herself on the couch and turned on the TV, he still needed to make one phone call. He had to talk to Kendall. „I’m so glad you guys figured everything out Harry! And of course we can just postpone our dinner date - I’ll just bring Kylie instead,” she answered fully understanding, when Harry had explained the entire situation to her.

„Kendall says hi,” Harry awkwardly stated before sitting down on the couch next to her. Tessa sent him a small smile. „We had plans tonight, so I just called her to cancel,” he explained when she scooted closer to him. „That’s fine - we can talk about all of this later. Right now I just want to enjoy this moment right here with you,” she said and pecked his cheek. „I’m just glad you are fake-dating Taylor, I really didn’t think I would be able to handle that after our last meeting,” she slightly laughed. Harry watched her confused. „Your last meeting?” „Yeah, I kind of ran into her in Hyde Park with Zayn and Louis the other day - let’s just say she wasn’t very polite,” Tessa shook her head at this and one of her platinum blond strains of hair fell down in front of her face. He slowly toughed it behind her ear and his green eyes found her blue ones. „I don’t care about her anymore,” he whispered before leaning in - his lips finding hers.

Author's note

Thank you for reading my story! I'll try to update as often as possible, but I have just started my finals which means the updates will perhaps be further apart than usual. But keep reading xxx