Chapter 31 - Dinner at the 1D house

„God Tessa, how much shit do you have?” Louis asked as Zayn and he helped her carry all of her stuff back in their house.  „Shush Louis, that’s the last bag - and I don’t have that much,” Tessa explained. „Perhaps not - but what’s even in the bag? It’s heavy as fuck,” Louis claimed and dropped the bag in Tessa’s old slash new room. „It’s just my shoes Lou”. „How many pairs do you own?” He asked and faked a shock expression. „Well since I’m in fashion and a blogger as well - I kinda need a lot of shoes,” she simply replied while helping Zayn with the last bag. „Thanks for the help lads, I’ll just get settled in again and then I’ll join you downstairs,” Tessa said and the boys responded with nods and smiles.

„Yo ma giiiirl, what ya up to?” Perrie said with a gangster attitude and did the WestCoast sign with both her hands. „Ehm, I’m just unpacking - what about you?” Tessa chuckled. „I thought I would offer you my help,” Perrie replied and went back to her own thick British accent.  Tessa smiled at her gratefully and together they quickly got Tessa settled in. „So are you looking forward till tonight?” Perrie asked. Everybody, all of the boys, their girlfriends, and Barbara, had clear their schedules tonight so they could all just hang out and celebrate Tessa moving back in - of course with a lot of delicious food, a priority Niall quickly had added. „Yeah I really am. It feels like it’s been a while since all of us guys have just chilled together,” Tessa answered happily.

Tessa had just posted a post on her blog regarding the upcoming trends, when there was a light knock on her door. „Come in,” she said and was greeted with a cheeky smile from Harry Styles. „Hi babe, everybody is already downstairs - are you coming,” he asked. „Sure, I was just writing,” she said and shut down her computer. „Great. Well I just wanted to give you this,” Harry said and handed her a t-shirt. Not just any t-shirt but the one she had borrowed from him, and then made Perrie deliver back when she left. „Thanks, I actually missed this a lot,” she said before leaving it on her bed and grabbing his hand.

„Just in time for dinner,” Liam said when Tessa and Harry came down the stairs. „It smells delicious,” Tessa praised and sent Harry a grateful smile as he pulled out the chair for her. Everybody else was already seated but Harry stayed on his feet. „My friends - well actually my family. I just want to thank you guys for always taking time out of your very busy schedules - you know how much it means to all of us to be able to gather everyone. Our break is soon coming to an end and then we will be off on tour again - so I hope you guys will come visit as often as possible,” Harry started and stared at some of the most important people in his life. He wouldn’t be able to do what he did without these people. „Of course we will,” Both Eleanor and Sophia replied smiling. „And I know I haven’t been the easiest person to be around after my split with Taylor, but thank you for being there. You have no idea how much it means to me - and of course Tess thank you for staying in my life, even though I don’t make it easy for you,” Harry continued and gently kissed Tessa on the cheek. „Well let’s raise our glasses for each other and our family”. „To our family,” everybody cheered in and then they digged in the food.

The room was filled with chatter and jokes and Tessa felt completely at home. She had missed being here and being with Harry, and know she couldn’t bear to think about them leaving for tour and her going back to New York - despite the fact she was looking forward to working for Vogue. They all helped clearing the table and filling the dishwasher before crashing on the couch. Tessa snapped a couple of pictures of everybody and especially the one of Perrie and Eleanor turned out so funny, with both of them doing exaggerated version of duck face. „I’m going to miss you guys so much,” Tessa smiled at the picture on her phone. „You too! When exactly are you leaving babe?” Eleanor asked her. „Well a couple of days before the boys - but you guys should definitely stop by New York during their gig - then you can crash at my place,” Tessa suggested and Sophia was quick to accept their girl time offer. „If I can clear my schedule I’m absolutely going to stop by,” Barbara exclaimed.

„Oh my god Louis, stop cheating!” Eleanor screamed as she noticed him trying to hide the cards from the game they were playing. „That’s totally why you’re winning,” Sophia laughed. „No it isn’t,” Louis exclaimed but when Niall shoved him of the couch multiple cards where visible. „Cheater, you lost - so you have to cook for the rest of the week,” Zayn feeling triumphal since he had been on last place, but now Louis was disqualified. „Well, then I guess we’ll live of takeout,” Louis just shrugged and sent them all a sneaky smile - he could avoid any situation. „That’s fine by me,” Niall happily stated before yawning. „Well I think it’s time for me to leave,” Barbara said when she also started feeling tired. Sophia suggested them splitting a cab, since she also had plans early in the morning - so they hugged everyone goodbye and thanked them for a lovely evening.

„I think I’ll head to bed as well,” Tessa tiredly said, when only Harry, Zayn, Niall and her were awake. Eleanor and Louis had already gone to bed and Perrie had fallen asleep on the couch. Zayn got up and hugged everyone goodnight before lifting Perrie up bridal style. „I’ll come with you love,” Harry said and put his arm around her waist as they walked up the stairs. „See you tomorrow Niall,” Tessa said and pecked his cheek as their ways separated. „Yeah,” Niall answered walking around like he was already sleeping.

Harry followed Tessa back to her own room. „Thank you for a wonderful evening Hazza,” she smiled lovingly at him. „You’re welcome love,” he simply replied and kissed her longingly. „Goodnight,” she whispered and walk towards her bed. Harry grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer. „Oh honey, you aren’t sleeping in here - I just followed you in here to get me t-shirt for you to sleep in, then we’ll go to my room,” he said and sent her a charming smile. „Well is that a suggestion or a command?” Tessa asked teasingly. „It’s clearly a command, so grab the t-shirt and let’s go,” Harry grinned. Tessa grabbed the t-shirt and went to the bathroom to change and brush her teeth. When she got back Harry was still waiting. „About time - I even brushed my teeth and called Ed to say goodnight in the meantime. „You actually call each other to say goodnight?” Tessa giggled. „Yeah of course - he’s one of my best lads,” Harry explained - and when his patience had run up he grabbed Tessa and swung her over his shoulder.

„Put me down, put me down,” Tessa laughed but regretted it the second Harry actually did let her go and she fell into nothing but air - until her back hit his bed. „Don’t worry babe, I wouldn’t actually drop you,” he just smilingly rolled his eyes at her. He folded his jeans and black t-shirt and put it on a chair before joining Tessa under the duvet. He pulled her closer and kissed her forehead as she once again let out a yawn. As her eyelids slowly shut, he quietly started singing to the girl in his arms.

„I don't care what people say when we're together

You know I wanna be the one who hold you when you sleep

I just want it to be you and I forever

I know you wanna leave so come on baby be with me so happily”