Chapter 13 - Planning a party

When Harry barged in the music room he hadn’t expected Tessa to be in there, playing the piano. He just stood there awkwardly for a second. The room had fallen silent you could have cut the tension with a knife in there. „I’m sorry I didn’t know you were in here. I guess it’s our common ground - you know, both of ours safe place,” Harry nervously said and scratched the bag of his neck. „It’s okay, I’ll just leave you alone,” Tessa said sounding exhausted. She got up to leave, but Harry rapidly stepped in the room and closed the door behind him. „Just please let me explain Tess,” Harry said. „Harry I’m sorry, but I don’t really think the two of us have anything to talk about”. „I’m begging you to hear me out - I really messed up I know that, but I just need you to listen to me. I need you to forgive me Tess,” he replied and took a couple of steps towards her. Tessa didn’t have the energy to fight him anymore, so she just sat back down at the piano and gestured him to continue. She watched him as he started pacing the room in his adidas sweatpants and a white t-shirt showing of his toned body. How was it possible to look so good in such casual clothing?

„I was acting like an idiot - and I regret everything I said to you. It was wrong of me to read your text, but when I saw the beginning of his text, I just had an urge to read it. I know we weren’t dating but I felt so jealous - and after everything with Taylor I was scared of getting hurt again. I wish I could go back and change everything that happened between us Tess, trust me I would. These days have been horrible - I can’t function without you,” Harry blabbed without even taking his time to catch a breath, as if he was scared that Tessa was going to run out on him. „It just hurt so badly Harry…” Tessa felt the tears appear by the thought of Harry calling her a slut. Harry got down on both knees right before her and took her hands in his. „I promise I will make it up to you. I never meant a word of it, please just forgive me. No more fighting or everyday-drinking I swear,” he begged looking her straight in the eyes. Once again Tessa was mesmerized by his emerald eyes - but she noticed the change in them. The twinkle was gone and all that was left was regret and worry. Tessa silently stroked his hand, which filled Harry with hope. „Just don’t hurt me again Hazza,” she said and sent him a small smile. Harry felt relieved and let out a breath, he didn’t even know he had been holding in. „I promise,” he replied and pulled her into a hug.

„I swear! Niall just stood with no clue how to react, while this girl in the crowd was flashing him. It was hilarious!” Harry told and both of them erupted with laughter. They were still sitting on the floor in the music room and just trying to get everything back to normal between them. It was defiantly working. When the beep sounded both of the looked at Tessa phone screen, which showed another text from Zayn. She coughed awkwardly. „I swear you will know what it is about soon - but it’s a surprise and I promised not to tell anyone,” Tessa said apologetic before opening the text. Harry guaranteed her that it was perfectly fine. Can you gather everybody downstairs? We are getting back now - and we have an announcement to make! I’m beyond happy xx The text put a huge smile on Tessa’s face, which hurt Harry a bit - but then he remembered he was just being stupid. Tessa unexpectedly threw herself on top of Harry while embracing him. „It’s just amazing Harry - we have to go downstairs. They are coming back know and Zayn will explain everything. Truly incredible,” she said and got up while dragging Harry along. He smiled at her silliness but he couldn’t help to feel happy just have her around him again.

Everybody was already gathered in the living room, now watching reruns of American Idol, and they watched Tessa and Harry confused when they walked in the room together chatting and smiling. Nobody dared to say a word since they feared starting a new fight. Harry popped down on the couch and patted the empty spot next to him, when Tessa joined him and sent him an innocent smile, their surrounding friends felt even more confused. „Did you guys make up?” Gemma finally asked breaking the silence. „Yeah,” Harry simply stated but swung his arm around Tessa’s shoulders. Tessa just looked up on him smiling. „Well, it’s kind of impossible to stay mad at this guy,” she explained. Before anyone could say anything else the front door opened, and only a few seconds later both Zayn and Perrie stood in front of them with the biggest smiles on their faces. Tessa couldn’t keep it in. „Congratulations,” she practically screamed before getting up and jumping the both of them. Everybody else in the room was sitting with a puzzled look on their faces. Liam finally asked what was going on. „We’re engaged,” Perrie said happiness filling her voice. Everybody was suddenly up on their feet congratulating the lucky couple.

„This means one thing and one thing only,” Louis stated when their group of friends had sat down again after sharing tons of hugs and kisses on their cheeks. „And what exactly is that?” Zayn asked suspiciously - knowing Louis this could be an extremely crazy idea. „We have to celebrate! Which means we invite everybody to a huge engagement party,” Louis pointed out ecstatic about his own idea. The boys and were all overjoyed with the idea and started planning the party, while Perrie gestured Tessa to come follow her. „I’m so happy for you guys! You had no idea how hard it was to keep this from you, but I just knew you would say yes,” Tessa exclaimed and hugged her best friend once again. „I’m just feeling like I’m about to explode of happiness - and Zayn told me you help him pick out the ring, thank you! It’s truly wonderful,” Perrie replied and showed of the beautiful engagement ring on her finger. „But I couldn’t help but notice that you and Harry seemed better in there, did you talk things through?” „Well yeah we talked things through - I guess I just can’t say no to him,” Tessa answered. Perrie was just about to speak, when Gemma called for them the get in there and help planning. When Tessa sat down in the couch Harry leaned in and whispered in her ear: „I feel so stupid right now. You’re just an amazing friend, and I promise I’ll make everything up to you”. Tessa snuggled up to Harry while the boys where taking charge of the planning, she observed a cheerful Perrie showing the engagement ring to Niall - what she didn’t notice was Gemma observing Tessa and her little brother. Gemma had felt a rush of relive when they had come down the stairs together, and when she found out they had talked everything trough, she felt certain that Harry would be happy again.