Chapter 25 - Searching for his love

When Harry hung up on management he felt furious. Why did they have to call and ruin this day for him? Why did they to pressure him about arranging more dates? The reminded him of the fact that he had to tell Tessa - and he had to tell her soon. He just never could bring himself to do it because he knew that when he told her, she would never be able to trust him as much as she did now. He threw his phone at his bed to avoid further distractions and headed downstairs, where he was met by the delicious scent of banana pancakes - his favorite.  „It smells absolutely amazing Tess,” Harry said and opened the door to the kitchen but he surprisingly found it to be empty. He instantly knew something was wrong - he could feel it in his guts. „Theresa?” He yelled and started searching the house for her - she had cooked so of course he couldn’t just start without her, that wouldn’t be very gentleman-like and he believed that she had to be here somewhere.

When he didn’t find her in her room or in the music room he went downstairs again. In their entrance he noticed the hall stand with all of their jackets had been turned over - which made Harry even more confused. Had she left? And why had she been in such a hurry? Then he finally caught on. She had heard his conversation. She knew everything. Fuck. Before even having her he had already lost her. Even though he knew it wasn’t the case he was still hoping, that she had left because of something else.

Harry quickly ran up the stairs to grab his phone and dialed her number, while walking back downstairs again. She let him go straight to voicemail. If he hadn’t been sure about her overhearing his conversation with management before then he was now. When he entered the kitchen and saw the plate with his pancakes his guilt got even worse. The raspberries were shaped as the words: I’m in love with you. Harry dialed her number one more time and when she didn’t pick up again he threw his phone through the room - and he completely ignored the sound of the crack when it hit the wall and feel down to the fall. She was in love with him - and he hadn’t even gotten to tell her that he was in love with her as well. She had purred her heart out and he had thanked her by basing their entire relationship on a lie. He had to explain the entire situation to her - from the beginning. Then maybe, just maybe she would understand him and possibly even forgive him. He really needed her to give him a second chance, because he knew that if she didn’t come back to him then he probably never would get over her.

Harry soon regretted breaking his phone but luckily the landline was working. He quickly dialed the only number he had memorized. Louis’. „Hey lad, what’s up? Are you guys finally done?” Louis answered immediately. „What are you talking about Lou?” Harry asked getting more and more impatient.„Oh you didn’t see the note? Well I thought I was being incredibly funny - but what do you want then, if you’re not calling to worship my marvelous sense of humor?” He asked the smile on his face was evident even through the phone. „Did Tessa ring any of you guys?” Harry asked nervously fiddling with the ring on his finger. „I don’t think so, why?” „Just ask them - please,” Harry demanded. He heard muffled voice in the background. „No Tessa didn’t call any of us - what’s wrong Harry?” Louis finally sounding serious. „I think she knows Lou,” Harry replied and ran his hand through his hair - a nervous habit he didn’t even notice anymore, but even this small action made him think of Tessa and how she would always comment on him doing so. „Knows as in knows everything?” Louis asked surprised. „Well I don’t know if she knows about Kendall, but I’m pretty sure she knows about the deal with management. I really don’t know what to do,” Harry said. „I’m so sorry mate - and I know this isn’t fair of me, but god you’re stupid. I told you to tell her a thousand times”. This just made Harry shriek. „Well I’m sorry I’m probably not the most helpful - if you can’t figure out where she went, I most likely won’t be able to either. Perrie just left to go to the bathroom so you have a couple of minutes with Zayn before she gets involve - and you know how protective she gets, so use them wise,” Louis stated when Harry had explained to him what had happened.

„Hey my man, vas happenin?” Zayn asked goofing around. „Not now Zayn, I don’t have time for that. Listen I really messed up and I need to make it right - where would Tessa go here in London if she couldn’t come to us?” He asked anxiously. Harry could practically feel Zayn tense up through the phone. „What did you do?” He asked accusingly. Harry didn’t even have the energy to defend himself - he knew this mess was his fault entirely. „I just really need to find her Zayn, please. I need to make it up to her,” he quietly responded. „I’m sorry lad. If I knew where she would go I would tell you - but I sweat I don’t. She doesn’t know anybody here in London well enough to want to bother them - so I really have no clue regarding her whereabouts,” Zayn explained. This made Harry feel hopeless and even worse about himself - so he did the only thing he could think of - he grabbed his car keys and started driving around town hoping to coincidentally run into her. „That’s fine - just please don’t tell Perrie, just not yet at least,” Harry begged not wanting Perrie to get in the middle of this and making it worse. „I can’t lie to her mate. She’s my finance and we have a strictly no-lying-policy - but I can give you an hour before telling her, that’s all. She needs to know though, so she can be there for her best friend,” Zayn answered and tried to eliminate the picture of the last time he saw Tessa with a broken heart from his brain. It wasn’t working though - and all he kept seeing was the repeating image of a shattered girl.