Chapter 2

It's now after school on the second Friday of the school year. Tessa and I have the house to ourselves because our parents are at work. We decide to eat sandwiches for dinner, "hey, can I ask you a question," Tessa asks me through a mouthful of food. I look up at her and nod, "how do you get a guy to notice you?"

"Oh, I almost forgot about that," I laugh, "who do you even have a crush on?"

She sighs before answering, "his name is Ezra. He's super popular and he's the star basketball player, it's not like you'd know him though," she explains to me.

"Just be yourself around him, I mean, he probably already knows who you are because of how popular you are," I explain.

"Yeah, but I mean like, should I text him or should I go up to him face to face, the most I've ever said to the guy is hey," she tells me.

"Just do what your gut tells you, I would probably talk to him face to face."

"I don't see you doing that with Kate," she mutters.

"Hey, that's different, how do you even know her name?"

"Facebook you idiot, she accepted your request and now everyone can see it, and what do you mean it's different, they're both crushes?"

"The only words I've ever said to her are commands and directions," I explain, I then felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

"Who is it?"

I turn my phone on and discover that it is a message from Kate, "it's Kate," Tessa gets up to look over my shoulder as I open the text.

"Do you know when the first football game is, I tried asking Skye, but she doesn't know."

"What should I say," I ask Tessa.

"Answer her question and see if she responds."

"Next Friday, Mr. Parks will probably tell us everything else" I hit send and impatiently wait for a reply.

"Chill out, if she doesn't respond then she doesn't respond," Tessa tells me.

"Sorry, I'm not used to having a crush," I tell her.

"You have no life at all."

"I'm aware," my phone buzzes again and I check the message.

"Thank you," I start to type in a response, but Kate got off.

"How long have you liked her," Tessa asks me as I shove my phone back in my pocket.

"Just recently, I have no idea why and it's driving me crazy."

"It happens, hey, I think I'll be at that game."

"Why?"

"Something about being on varsity cheer since sixth grade. The coach is thinking of bringing me up to the varsity cheer team for North River High."

"Looks like I can't get rid of you, can I?"

"Nope," she says with a laugh.

A/N: Oh my goodness guys, this chapter is super short, I did everything I could to make it longer and I even tried to read the book without the chapter, but it didn't really make sense. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the one next week. By the way, that's Kate up top, hope you enjoy.

Have you ever gotten a text from someone that you didn't expect to text you? Yes, many times.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share the story with your friends.