Chapter 13

There have been a lot of laughs within the past two weeks and I have honestly loved hanging out with people other than Tyler, but today was the first day of the week of spirit days that we were required to participate in for band. The big homecoming game is this Friday, the big homecoming dance right after, Tessa has convinced me to ask Kate to the dance. I plan on doing it sometime this week, obviously, but I don't know how or when. I was the first one at the table in the lunchroom that the Trombone Quartet  now met at every morning and lunch, today's spirit day was nerd day, I sat with what I would usually wear plus some suspenders, "good way to let your inner nerd out," Kate said to me as she sat across from me.

I looked up from my phone and saw that she had a piece of tape around her glasses, she was wearing suspenders along with some jeans rolled up to show her socks, "I don't have any of this stuff lying around my house and my parents are still out of town," I explain.

"When are they going to get back?"

"They said that they'd be back on Wednesday, but I honestly have no clue."

"Are you excited for Saturday?"

"I actually am, do you think we'll stay for the awards?"

"Hah, I highly doubt it, that would put us getting back here at around one a.m."

"Hello guys," Sky said excitedly as she took her usually seat next to Kate, she was decked out in nerd gear, "where's Tyler?"

"He said he's not coming because he's not dressing as a nerd," I answer.

"Ugh, if he wants to go to the dance with me he has to show up to school."

"He'll be here, trust me, he hates it when his work gets piled up," I explain to her.

"Are you guys going to the dance after the game?"

I let Kate answer first, "I don't know, I really don't want to go and feel like a third wheel, plus, last year it wasn't really all that fun."

"I think it might be fun," I say.

"You two can go together," Sky exclaimed, thank god she's here.

I looked at Kate, who's cheeks had turned very red, I don't talk, not wanting to push her, "I don't know."

"Come on, you two would be like, the cutest couple there, I can even help you guys plan your outfits, puh-lease," Sky begged us.

Kate sighed and looked at me, then down at her feet, "why not," she says after a long moment, her voice had come out really shaky nervous.

"Alright," I say, holding back my excitement.

"Yay," Sky shouts, "we are going shopping after school today."

"Sky, I really don't want to," Kate starts.

"Yeah, I'm not really into that and I also have to get my sister after school," I say.

"Nope, you two have no other option, I'm going to talk to my parents, I will pay for everything and you can take your sister with us," Sky says.

"I really don't want you to pay for me," Kate says.

"I will not hear it from you Kate," she turns and points a finger at me, "I will not hear it from you either, tell your parents that you're coming with me after school today."

We all grab our stuff and start making our way to the band room, located right next to the lunchroom, "are your parents like made of money or something," I ask.

"They have really good jobs that pay very well," Sky answers, "are you guys excited to vote for homecoming queen and king?"

"Couldn't care less," Kate and I say together.

"You two are literally perfect for each other," Sky squeals.

I hold the door open for the two of them, "I kind of wish she was with Tyler," I whisper in Kate's ear.

"Yeah," she agrees.

~~~

"Oh my god, what time does your sister get out of school," Sky says impatiently, her mom was currently waiting in one of the parking lots.

"She will literally walk out of those doors in like two minutes," I say.

"I have this gut feeling that you and his sister will get along, like​, immediately," Kate says to her.

"How many short stories have you guys done," Sky asks, obviously trying to hide how impatient she is.

"Two," I say.

"Six," Kate says.

"My god," I say without thinking.

"I have nothing else to do, so I just worked on that."

"I only have one," Sky says.

A few minutes later of Sky jumping around and Kate and I waiting awkwardly, Tessa emerged in a large group of people, "Tess," I holler to get her attention.

She waved bye to her friends and ran over to us, "who's this," she says excitedly, throwing her cheer bag at me.

"Tessa, this is Sky, Sky this is Tessa," I say as I pull her cheer bag over my shoulder, "Sky is taking us shopping."

Tessa's eyes practically lit up when she heard those words, "yay," she screams, "where are we going?"

"The mall," Sky says excitedly, "we're going to pick out homecoming outfits for Kate and Aiden."

Tessa looks me dead in the eye and says, "you asked her?"

"Actually, it was more of Sky begging us to go together."

She sighs, "at least it's something."

We followed Sky to her parents car, "this is going to be so much fun," Sky shuts excitedly as she climbs into the passenger seat.

At the mall...

"I've never been to this one before," Tessa says as we walked through the doors. This mall was huge and very fancy looking, unlike the one that we usually go to which is small and has very limited stores.

"This one is just outside of town," Sky says, "let's go here first"

The three of us follow her into a dress store and Tessa goes nuts, "oh my god, this is literally my dream!"

"Okay, I'll find something for Kate and you and Aiden can go over to the men's department and look for him," Tessa nods and drags me to a bunch of tuxedo's.

After what felt like forever, Tessa and Sky finally found outfits for us. Mine was just some plain black pants and a blue, button-up shirt and Kate's was a blue dress, "you guys better wear these on the dress to impress day on Thursday," Sky says to us.

"What about you," Kate asks.

"Oh, I'll drag Tyler out here on Wednesday."

"Why Wednesday," I ask.

"Because I'm busy tomorrow, let's go get some food and then we'll be on our way."