Chapter 14

I woke up at five in the morning to my messenger notification, I knew exactly who it was, "hey."

I rubbed my eyes before turning my lamp on, once I was in a comfortable position, I responded to Kate, "watching the sun again?"

"Sort of, I just got done getting ready."

Before I responded, I realized how weird this was, Kate never texted me, "its dress to impress day :/"

"I know right! Sky's awesome and all, but I hate it when she takes me shopping."

"You said sort of, what do you mean?"

"Are your parents back," I took note of her avoiding my question.

"Yeah, they came back late last night, woke up Tess and I just to tell us."

"Ah... The sun's starting to appear, go to your window," I got up with my phone in my hand and walked towards my window, still in my pajamas. I'd never actually sat and watched the sun rise or set, so I was kind of excited to see this moment happen, but when I got to the window, I didn't see the sun right away, I saw Kate, standing in her dress that Sky had picked out for her. A smile spread across her face when she saw me, brushing her hair out of her face, "get dressed!"

I looked down and realized that I was still in my pajamas, no shirt and tri-force pajama pants, "why are you here?"

"My dad dropped me off at school early and so I walked here, hope that's not too creepy," I looked her face to see her laughing.

"Stay there, I'll be out in a few minutes," I walked away from my window and grabbed a shirt from my dresser. I quietly made my way down the hallway and to the door, making sure that I didn't wake up my parents.

When I walked out she was still standing where I had left her, "hey," she said quietly, hiding her face.

"Hey," I said, resisting the urge to hug her.

"I see you're definitely dressed to impress."

I laugh, "yeah, my parents probably would've woken up if they heard me getting ready this early."

"How did they not hear you leaving the house?"

"They're probably tired, why'd your dad drop you off so early?"

"He had an earlier shift today and I couldn't get ahold of Sky," she yawns, "I've been up since three in the morning."

"God," I say before looking at my window, "think you can climb through a window?"

"I'll be fine, really," she looks around awkwardly, "are you and Tessa walking today?"

"I don't know, probably, our parents will need the sleep."

"Mind if I join you two today?"

"No, not at all," I say as casually as I can, "are you sure you don't need to sleep?"

"I'm sure."

I look her in the eyes, "you have bags under your eyes, plus, the rest of the week is going to be busy."

"I'll be fine, I'll just sleep when I get home."

I look at the time on phone, "I better go start getting ready, I'll be right back out," I tell her, leaving her by my house.

I walk into the house as quietly as possible and let out a deep breath before walking to the bathroom that Tessa and I shared to get ready. Once I was all dressed and ready to go, I was stopped by Tessa, "what were you doing outside?"