Chapter 6

A few minutes later Kate, Tessa, and I all sat around a bowl of chocolate covered popcorn prepared by Tessa, "if you don't answer a question, you have to shove a handful of popcorn in your mouth," Tessa explains, "I'll start, I'll ask Kate a question, hm, favorite class?"

"Probably band, now what?"

"You ask Aiden a question."

Kate shifts so that she faces me, "what's your worst class?"

"Cooking, I cannot cook for the life of me," I turn to Tessa and eye her.

"No," she snaps, she knows I'm going to ask about Ezra, "we live each other, how about you ask Kate a question."

"If you don't want to answer, you can eat a handful of popcorn," I say.

"You're a jerk," she says as she throws some popcorn in her mouth. I see a smirk appear on her mouth as she turns to face Kate, "do you have a crush on anybody?"

I watch as Kate sticks her hand in the bowl of popcorn and eats it, "I hardly know both of you, I'm not telling stuff like that. Aiden, have you ever been in a relationship?"

"Nope," I turn to Tessa, "Tess, how's it going with Ezra?"

"That's enough of this game," she says as she gets up, "I can't believe you, I trusted you!"

"Hey, it's not like I told mom or dad," I shout after her.

"You know what, how's it going with you and," she stops and looks at me and then Kate, "never mind, I'll save it for later," she storms off to her room.

"I'll be in for it later," I say as I take a seat next to Kate.

"What was that about?"

"Tess has a crush on this kid named Ezra, I've been joking about it with her, but this was the first time when it wasn't just me and her."

"Ah," she quiets down, "what was she getting ready to say before she walked off?"

"It doesn't matter, want a soda?"

she shrugs, "sure," I get up to go get two Cokes from the fridge, "I still have thirty minutes here."

I came back and sat on the couch before handing Kate her drink, "do you not want to be here?"

"I want to hang out with Sky, but everytime I try to talk to her, she's texting Tyler, it's so stupid."

"Tyler likes her too," I say, I am, once again, such an idiot.

"Are you just revealing everybody's crushes now?"

"Why not," I say, not thinking about me.

"Well, what about you," she turns and looks at me.

I shrug, "don't have one," I lie, "you?"

"Nada."

"You're lying."

"And so are you."

"You're not wrong," she says to me, "do you happen to know the last name of Ezra?"

"Nope, why?"

"Just curious, I've heard rumors going around." she says flatly.

We sat silently, drinking our Cokes, until her dad got there, "bye," I say.

"Bye," she turns and walks right out the door.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I missed my update of Short Stories on Friday, I got thrown off a day. I also had a busy weekend and my keyboard for my tablet stopped working, so I had to get that fixed and just got around to it today, so this isn't edited. If you see any typos or anything, let me know and I'll try to fix it. Anyways, I watched Spider-man Homecoming yesterday with one of my friends and it was awesome, let me know if you've seen it. It just made me love Spider-man more than I already do, he's my favorite Marvel character. Anyways, if you're enjoying this book so far, please be sure to vote, comment, and share it with your friends. P.S. If any of you have entered in the Watty's 2017, I wish you the best of luck :D.