Chapter:8

Bright Sunrays hit the white marble floor making it shine golden. Arav was sleeping on bed still in uncomfortable position. He tried to open his eyes intensity of light was high for his pupil. He obstructed the path of rays with his plan placed in front of his is eyes. He slowly opened his eyes. His head was aching badly which made him hold his head and sit up on bed. He pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger, lines of stress due to heavy head were clearly visible over his forehead.

"Ahanna.." this was the only word he could think of which slipped out if his mouth lazily.

Ahanna just came out of the washroom, wearing a light yellow colour chiffon saree with towel in her hands, wet hair. Water dripping from her wet hairs making her face, neck and back wet.

She just hummed in response which made him look at her in and no sooner his eyes caught her sight for him the moment stilled right their. He didn't even remember to blink his eyes and folds over his forehead automatically softened. A small slight smile adorned his lips. He noticed her every action carefully.

The imprints of his nails over her neck flashed in front of his eyes and again the frown settled his forehead. He got out of the bed and made her way towards her not before fetching a tube of medicine from a drawer beside the bed.

She was standing in front of the  mirror tucking her saree properly, getting ready.

He stood right behind her, she glanced him through mirror, he looked in her eyes and their sight locked through mirror.

He took a step closer almost touching his front to her back. She flinched at the contact and took a step forward, away from him

As soon as he felt her warmth leaving him he held her back by placing his palm over her abdomen. Her eyes widened at his act, he without bothered by her reaction, with his free hand  pushed her hair strands of one shoulder to other.

He opened and held the tube over the nail marks over her neck. He just pressed the tube and was going to apply it but felt a slightly push.

She wriggled to get out of his hold and turns towards him.
"I... I will do it myself" she stammers and then he realised what he was doing. Embarrassed he handled the tube to her while looking to another side. He made her way towards his wardrobe.

He fumbled through his clothes, his gaze fixed at her. She was applying the cream over her wounds and after she completes, without paying heed to him she left the room.

He wanted to stop her, he took a step towards her, in process dropping almost whole closet over the floor.

She sensed something falling and turned, she had no expression over her face.

"ohhh.. No" he explained, before he could say anything further

"please no need to blackmail me anymore with anything neither orphanage nor my parents. I know you and your power very well I'll arrange them just like before" she said plainly while he moved his head in a slightly no to almost every word she said, with a bitter expression and regretfully eyes.

He wanted to explain her, stop her when she started picking up, folding and placing them back neatly.

She took him wrong, but he knew she was no were at fault, as you sow so shall you reap, he sighed and left the place not having anything to say nor knowing what to do or how to apologise.

Drowned in guilt, he was sitting on dining table for breakfast, all ready for office in three piece black suite. Avantika saw him lost somewhere as it was ten minute they have started and he didn't even take a morsel. He was just moving the spoon to and fro in the plate.