Predestined - Chapter 7.5

Chapter 7.5

My conciousness slowly drifted into the realm of dreams - it was almost a sinking sensation. I was shocked to see Julian in my dream. It was as if I could see him but he wasn't aware of my presence. He was sat in Lenora's office having a rather interesting conversation. I heard snippets of him talking rapidly about his reaction to someone. Saying it made no sense. Lenora was trying to calm him. Explaining something to him that I couldn't seem to hear. He still shook his head with a lost look on his face. I moved around the room slightly to get a better look at him.

'I can't control myself around her. I feel like I have to protect her, and I feel so drawn to her. It feels right but I hardly know her. I'm not even sure she feels anything for me.'

I gasped loudly at the announcement and was suprised by the way both Julian and Lenora turned their heads in my direction as though they'd heard me. Lenora got up out of her seat and slowly approached where I was stood and Julian followed moving in predatory shifts whilst sniffing the air slightly. A low toned rumble escaped his mouth as he was right upon me and I was so shocked that they may have actually heard me... meaning the dream was probably real... that I jolted myself awake in shock.

I looked around the room to see Candace was asleep and that everywhere was engulfed in darkness. I grabbed my phone swiftly and clicked it on to check the time - it was 01.38am. I laid quietly thinking over what I'd just seen. I'd been feeling a strange attraction to Julian but had just been trying to ignore it thinking it was my hormones. I'd of thought it was just a dream - but it seemed lately my dreams had been... somewhat real I guess. And after seeing how both Julian and Lenora knew I was there - I didn't think there was any doubt that I'd caught a glimpse of what was actually happening. Was I getting the ability to leave my body? Or was it Just a glimpse through a dream? Damn. I guess it's something I'll have to think about later. After contemplating more about and the attraction blooming between me and Julian I decided to just let it go for now. Nothing I could do about it at... 01.58am... MAN. Where had the last 20 minutes gone. Must of been deep in thoughts for it to pass so quickly without me noticing. I locked the keypad on my phone and placed it quietly back, and proceeded to roll over to try going back to sleep. It took a little time but eventually I drifted off.