(10)

2016,25 December. (Part 3)

Carson pulled in front his father's house. Not long after,Lena and Camelia arrived. He waited for them to get out from their car and walk together to the front door. Carson knocked on the door but no one answered. He knocked once again. That's when he heard a soft humming tune of a lullaby that their mother used to sing to them when they were little.

He look over his mother and sister. They also heard it. Slowly,they walk into the house and followed where the tune come from. Lena have this feeling in her gut. Camelia felt scared. But,scared of what? Carson can tell something was off in the house. Soon,they reach the kitchen only to be met with terrifying sight of Charida stroking the lifeless James's hair,while humming a lullaby. She have her eyes close and a smile on her face. It was as if she was lulling James to sleep.

"C-charida?" Carson managed to choke out her name only. Charida open her eyes and look at them,still smiling. She put her index finger over her lips.

"Shh. Papa is sleeping. I don't want him to awake." She said. Lena,Camelia and Carson were stunned by her words. Charida avert her eyes at her dead father.

"Look at him. Isn't he look serene in his sleep?" Then she continued humming and stoking James's hair. Carson snapped out from his dazed and quickly made his way to the living room. He dialed the cops and explain everything as fast as he could. 5 minutes later,the cops arrived along with an ambulance. Everyone who were celebrating Christmas poured out from their house,despite how cold the weather. They were curious. Why the cops came when everyone are having a perfect day with their family.