I'm not here to take you home

As Krista dragged me into the hall I was shocked at the sheer beauty that surrounded me. Everything was so wonderfully styled and perfect looking. Small chandeliers hung evenly spaced and were so shiny and pretty. I really like shiny things, I've been told to have the attention span of a cat around shiny things. Large arched windows were in-between the four doors I counted that include mine, as Krista came to a stop at a staircase and pointed to a set of double doors across from the hallway we came out of.

"That is Jace's and my bedroom, and it will be yours when I pass my crown to you." My attention focused on her as anger filled my broken heart. "Oh don't give me that look, I know you do not want it, I just have to say it for listening ears.” I noticed two men behind me that were dressed in black. Their hair was military, so short hair they almost looked bald. They were very tall and ridiculously muscle bound.

"Who are they?" I blurted out as I looked back at Krista.

"Those are... uhhhh..." she looked around biting on her lip "Oh they are bodyguards, yep bodyguards." She smiled at me like she had just won the lottery or something.

"Bodyguards, for what?" I asked, as her smile fell off her face.

"Uhhhh...." she grabbed my hand and started dragging me down the stairway. "For protection, that's what they do, silly." she was walking fast and I almost had to run.

"I'm pretty sure you're not telling me the truth." she stopped at that statement and turned fast as the grip on my wrist became tight.

"Are you calling me a liar, I'm the queen, how dare you?" I was pretty scared of Luke, but the way she looked at me made me shake and I would really rather have Luke here and mad.

"I ... I ahhhh... I'm...s- so-sorry," I choked out as she looked at me, making me want to hide behind the guards.

She just turned and continued walking down a hallway that looked the same as the one before, she didn't talk the rest of the way through the many halls until we stopped in front of a double wide door. She glanced at me and walked in as I heard a male squeal as I grudgingly stepped into the room that was filled pale and light colors. There was a platform with three mirrors next to each other with a door and curtain on the side. I young guy came bouncing out a back room with a big smile on his face. Krista met him half way and they hugged each other. The man turned to look at me. A big smile spread across his face, as he started bouncing over to me. Of course, I instantly took a step back.

"Honey, I'm not going to hurt you!" he stopped a few feet away and looked shocked. Krista was next to him.

"I am afraid I frightened her on the way down, she's usually a little spit fire." He looked at her and grinned.

"Oh darling," he said darling very drawn out, I believe do to a very thick southern accent. "I know. Personally, I think anybody that's been here for the last 24 hours, knows about that." They both started laughing as their attention turned back to me.

“Annie this Victor. He is the royal dress maker." He stretched his hand out and I hesitantly gave over my hand to shake his.

"Hello, it is very lovely to meet you, finally!" He looked at Krista. “After all, it's been a decade," Victor said. "Ten years since I heard you were coming. I'm so excited to also finally put a beautiful face to such an interesting tempered person." They both started laughing at this statement.

"I don't understand" they just confused the crap out of me. Finally, Krista spoke up.

"Well, Annie, vampires have very good hearing and we try to not listen and you and Luke..." she paused and looked as if she was thinking. "Well the arguments you two have, are turning into a form of entertainment for everyone else." I was so mortified I am sure they could hear that, too.