Egon

The sudden feeling of a cold breeze woke me up. I sat up and became more confused as to how I had gotten in my bedroom. It was early morning the sun had not even rose above the tree line and the sky was a swirl of light colors. The palace was silent and quiet as I sat on the edge of my bed. It was an odd way for the day to have started this way. I cleaned up and changed and still the sun had barley risen though I could hear people quietly moving around now.

My stomach was uneasy and I felt the need to keep moving because sitting still was driving me insane. The council meeting was today, I had no idea when it was going to start. I just had to sit here and wait until the Queen wanted me and my answer. The answer that I still didn't have. Then the idea floated into my mind, Egon's in the basement, nobody could stop you there. I got up, ran to my door and to the back stairwell as fast and quietly as I could. I ran down all the flights of stairs and stopped in front of a door. I had never been in the basement before, and I worried if I could get into trouble for being here.

I decided it didn't really matter and the more time that I wasted the less time I had to talk to Egon. I opened the door and met a still empty hallway with many doors lining the walls. Walking down the hallway many of the doors had black title plates on them. I eventually found Egon’s door and froze staring at the metal door. What was the real reason I came down here? This man could be very dangerous. I stood standing in front of his door biting on my finger nails debating what I should do, when I heard a man start yelling from the other side of the door.

“Will you stop biting on your nails!” The man yelled and I froze as my eyes widen in shock

I was too scared to do anything besides stand there and look at the door like a complete moron, my heart rate started to slow and I became calm as the time passed. I have no idea what I was doing and I really should have run away the moment he yelled at me. But as I stood there the door opened slowly, my heart fell and I wanted to scream in fear. Egon’s hand gripped the door and pulled it open enough to see only half of his dark silhouette.

“You need to leave.” Was all he said and he started closing the door which just pissed me off, so I did something that I can't seem to stop doing, I provoked him.

“Well you really need a bath, we all don't get what we want now do we,” I said crossing my arms over my chest feeling quite pleased with myself.

There was silence for a long time as I felt that he was never going to speak to me again, until I heard a sigh and the door opened more. Egon stepped back away further and further as the door slowly moved open showing me a darkened room-cell really. I stayed where I was unsure of what he was doing, was this his way of letting me into his room? Or was he just setting up a trap and would kill me as soon as I enter the room?

“If you’re not going to leave then come in,” he said as I heard a match being struck and saw through the open door a candle being light.

His back was to me and I could tell he was a very tall lanky man with untamed hair that went past his shoulders. I took a step, went under the door frame and glanced around the dimly light room. There was a small bed, desk and chair; there was also a window that had no light coming through because it was covered. Egon moved and sat on his bed and just looked down at the ground, I closed the door and took a few steps and sat in the chair that was opposite him. He was moving his feet, lightly moving around the dirt that made up the ground.