[five]

♔Lindsey's P

Lindsey's P.O.V

MUCH to my surprise, the teens had thrashed another class, so I was heading there to clean it. It was expected after all. The students at Hartford High can be quite riotous from time to time. Plus if I didn't clean up, I would get fired and I really need the money.

My mind wondered off to other things, until it settled upon uncle's proposal. He had asked me to move in with him. I was going to turn eighteen in about a few weeks. It wouldn't be such a bad idea. As long as I wasn't staying under the same roof as stepmom and Vicki, I would be okay.

Not paying attention to where I was heading, I walk into someone and lose my balance. I shut my eyes, prepared for the hard impact of the ground, but it doesn't come. What shocks me is the sudden feel of one's hand on my waist and the warm embrace of one's body heat.

Wondering who saved me from my fall, I look up, only to lock eyes with a person I never expected to. One I never thought I'd share such close proximity with.

Zac freaking Parker.

"Sorry... um... I didn't mean to... um... bump into you." Nervous makes me stutter to much. But why was I nervous? It was only Zac Parker.

"No, I should apologise. I wasn't paying attention to where I was heading." Him being sincere and apologising right now, is only making me want to swoon over him.

What have I become?

"It's alright. May I leave now?" Although those are the only words I managed to say without stuttering, it was stupid to ask such a question. I'm super lame.

"Sure." He made way for me, looking down at me like he was trying to solve me. He had forgotten about his hand on my waist. This is so awkward.

"Um... your hand. It's... um... still on my waist," I told him without any eye contact between us. To be honest, I wanted to remain like this. His warm embrace was safe and oddly comforting.

"Oh, sorry." He removed his hand.

"Sure." I walked past him, my heart rate decreasing a bit after I was a few distances from him.

That was one awkward situation I never want to find myself in. Heading to the janitors' closet, I grabbed the equipment I needed. Stepping out, I went to the dirty class that awaited to be cleaned.

I entered the next room and began to sweep, my thoughts lingering back unwilling to a person I wanted to forget.

Zac Parker.

The last place room I cleaned belonged to Mr Martins, a really young man that girls at school constantly swooned over. His class was not as messy as I thought it would be.

All I did was pick up some torn pieces of paper that lay on the floor, dust the tables and chairs of the learners, and mop the floors. Not much to do here.

I packed up the cleaning equipment and returned it to the janitors closet, placing everything where it should be.

Right after, I walked to the bathroom and changed into my normal clothes and went to the library for my studying. I read on some new work and taught myself by writing down some notes and reading over them.

Learning all by myself has become quite an exciting experience. I get to fully concentrate on the work and not slack off.

I packed away my notes right after I was done and grabbed Romeo and Juliet. My note fell from within the pages and onto the table in front of me. I was more than shocked to discover that someone had written back.

I took the note between my fingers and read it, like I had eagerly awaited for a response.

I couldn't agree more, stranger. But I would think you're basing your opinions of love on your own life circumstances. Love is as real as it is true. Although the world is a cruel place love still exists, even if it comes it tiny portions. All you gotta do is seek for the right things or people that will show you this love. That is simply my opinion.

I was glad to see that someone had responded, although I didn't need an answer. Feeling the sudden need ti write back, I grabbed the pen my uncke had gifted me a couple of years back, and began to scribble a response on a new paper.

You hit the nail right on the head. I did base my opinion on my life circumstances. It's not that I wanted to, I was forced too. My world is filled with nothing but darkness. I am constantly abused by people I thought I could call family, this is where all my negative aspects of love came from. Love only hurts people. Well, it only hurts me at least.

You are also right about the small portions of love left in the world. All I've got to do is seek them. But it isn't easy with my demons constantly pushing me back into the darkness of the unknown.

But I'll take you advice into consideration. Perhaps all I need are the right people to really show me what love is.

I fold the paper neatly and place the book back at the exact same spot I had found it. My heart filled up with a strong feeling of content. There was someone out there with whom I could share my problems with. Someone who understood me for me and didn't judge me. This is what I had truly hoped for. This person is truly a blessing in my life.

All you gotta do is seek for the right things or people that will show you this love.

The words played like a broken record in my head. All I needed where the right people.

With a bright smile, I locked up the school. I've been doing it wrong all this time. Vicki and stepmom weren't the people I needed. They were never the one's who would show me this love. I needed people who would treat me right. Like family. This was an eye opener.

With that, I made up my mind. I will stay with uncle from now on.

♔___♔___♔

Thanks a lot for reading everyone! Make sure to vote and comment if you loved it.

Have a wonderful day/ night!