[thirteen: part one]

♔Zac's P

Zac's P.O.V

THE LONG awaited day had finally arrived. It was six thirty in the evening when I stood in front of a full length mirror, fixing my black bow tie that looked a bit crooked.

Truth be told, I was really nervous to finally meet the mystery girl after all this time. She was an amazing girl, and I don't know what I've done to deserve such a gem in my life. She was a good fortune I did not know I needed. And today I could finally spend some time with her and relish in all the good memories we might make tonight.

After a much long struggle, my tie was properly placed underneath the collar of my shirt. I ran my hair through my hair, making sure it looked neat. I checked out my navy blue armani suit on the mirror, making sure that the material did not crease or I would have to iron it again.

First impressions are the last impressions, so I had to look good for her. After much stressing, I took the bouquet of roses that lay on my bed. These red roses would be perfect for her.

I made my way out of my room, but walked further down the hallway to a familiar room I knew too well.

The door was standing ajar, so I peaked through to see mom sitting there, in that same position like she always has. I entered the room and gently placed the bouquet onto her bed before heading over to her rocking chair.

I pulled a chair from the corner and placed it beside her to take a seat.

"Hey, mom," I whispered, but silence was always my answer.

"It's finally big day. Today is the day I would meet my special friend. The one I told you about." I said.

I took her hand in mine and gave it a gentle kiss. "I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave."

There was no answer, but only a slight squeeze from her hand in mine. Although this seemed like nothing, it meant something to me. This small gesture awakened some hope in me that my mom was still in there. She could hear me; she still loved me.

I could feel the tears brimming, threatening to make their way down my flesh, but I quickly blinked them away. Today was a happy day, and I wouldn't let anything ruin it. Giving a gentle kiss to her cheek, I made my way out the room, with the roses in hand.

With my car keys in hand, I made my way out and opened up the car, jumping in. I wish the mystery girl told me her address, I would have loved seeing her here with me in my car. The both of us driving to the party together. But alas, it had to be this way.

I grab the bouquet and head out of the house. I enter my car and drive to the school. The drive was shorter than I had anticipated, so within ten minutes, I reached the mansion and placed my car in the parking lot.

I step out of the car, and spot Jimmy and Roger a few blocks away from me. They soon spot me as well, as they make their way over. Jimmy had a pretty blond beside him as his date whilst Roger had Monica's fingers intertwined in his.