[ten]

♔Zac's P

Zac's P.O.V

ANOTHER day at school, yet everything felt somewhat different. There was a feeling of bliss in the air, or maybe I was the one on cloud nine at the moment.

After talking to the girl yesterday- I still forgot to ask her name- I could feel some happiness that radiated through me. She sounded so innocent, I could still hear her laugh echoing through my ears. She's magical.

I walk to the library and I grab the note. I open it to see a short note:

Thanks ;)

Even her writing seems so cute. I think I have a problem now. I take the note and place it safely in the pocket of my jeans.

"Dude, you read romance by Shakespeare?" Jimmy said, trying to sound amusing.

I turn to face my two buddies, Roger and Jimmy.

"Nah. It fell so I was putting it back onto the shelf." I put the book back onto the shelf.

"Says the guy who was caught reading romantic books." Roger teased.

"You guys are nuts."

"Okay, enough of that nonsense." Jimmy turns to me." Dude, did you hear about the huge masquerade party in two weeks? I'm sure everyone's gonna be there."

"Masquerade party? Didn't hear a thing about it. Plus, isn't it too early for something like this to happen?"

"Yeah, I guess it is, but as long as there's chicks at the party, I'm going." Roger added. He's nuts.

"How come you didn't know a thing about this event? Everyone's been talking about it." Jimmy emphasised, not impressed that I knew nothing about the upcoming party.

"I was preoccupied with more important things." The mystery girl was the only thing in my mind right now. I would do anything just to talk to her for a couple more hours.

"Earth to Zac." Roger snapped his fingers in front of my face, which brought me back to reality

"Dude, you've been zoning out a lot lately. You sure you're okay, man?" Jimmy crossed his arm on his chest and leaned on the shelves.

"I've been busy lately. Maybe it's got to me."

"So how about you relax. The party is the perfect excuse. Plus come with a date, since you broke up with you know who." Roger added. Way to worsen my mood, man.

"Whatever." I am about to leave when Roger lays his hand on my shoulder.

"Wait up. Is it cool if I go with Monica? I know it's kinda breaking the bro code, but--"

"She's not my problem anymore. Go with her if you'd like. I don't care." I seriously didn't want to speak about her.

"By the way, dress codes' navy blue and white. I'll text ya the address when I get it," Jimmy added.

"I'm definitely coming then."

"Good, 'cause we thought you were gonna ditch us." Jimmy said, still leaning against the shelves.

"Who're you coming with?" Roger asked all of a sudden.

"Don't you know that Zac has a  long list of girls who are willing to be his date. He's got it covered." Jimmy patted my shoulder hard.

"Yeah. I got it covered." I walked out the library. I definitely know who to bring as my date to this party.

I'm sprinting down the hallway and constantly bumping into people in the process. Want to know why? I'm late for Mr Smith's class. I'd be damned if I had to go through hours of detention with that old man again.

I round a corner only to have slammed really hard really hard into someone that I tumble to the floor with them.

"Ouch!" The person yelled. Their hair is covering my whole face.

Slowly, removing the hair all my face, I open my eyes to see the janitor girl on top of me.

She stares right back at me, her gaze holding mine captive. Her warm hand that is placed above my chest radiates a warm feeling of comfort and leaves my heart racing. Why does she have such an effect on me?

I hold her gaze for a while, forgetting that I was about to be late for Mr Smith's class.

She breaks her eyes off mine and gets up, trying to regain her balance. I get up and dust myself.

"Are you stalking me?" She asked, her hands on her hips as she awaits an answer.

"Nope. Why would I stalk you? For all I know, you could be the one stalking me." I teased her, only making her storm off angrily.

"She's so damn cute," I muttered to myself. Well, it definitely wasn't a lie.

I stop at Mr Smith's class. He's door is opened and only a few students are in class.

I stopped a bit, and held onto the wall to catch breath, and that catches everyone's attention.

Mr Smith walks towards me, his glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose.

"Good, Mr Parker. You've arrived early for my class today. Although I wished you'd come late so that I could send you in for detention, but it's alright maybe next time. Now get in."

Is it me or is this old man a psycho oit to get me? Or well, as long as I don't cause any trouble, I'll be okay.

I head to my seat and pull out my pens and notebooks, ready to get this class and this day over with already.

The day's over as I watch people making their way through th school entrance and towards the parking lot. Unlike me, I was awaiting for everyone else to leave.

Today is the day I would meet the mystery girl. And I'm certain that I wouldn't miss this opportunity for the world.

"Aren't you heading home?" Jimmy said, surprising me a bit. Where the hell did he come from?

"Nah. I gotta head to the library to look up something real quick," I lied. Jimmy could be quite nosy when he wanted to.

"When did you turn into such a nerd?" He chuckled, but I was not amused.

"I never did, and I never will. Now go home." I pushed him towards the school entrance.

"Fine. Since you're in the mood of getting rid of me." He walked out, and I release a sigh of relief. Jimmy can be quite a handful too.

With a cheeky grin, I walked up the stairs that eventually led to the awaited meeting place.

The roof.