[nine: part two]

♔Lindsey's P

Lindsey's P.O.V.

"HEY." I facepalmed myself. This was certainly not the best way to introduce myself to a stranger. Great job, Lindsey, you deserve an Oscar for that performance.

"Is this you, stranger?" The voice was gruff and slightly manly. Oh goodness, have I been talking to a guy all this time?

"Yeah, It's me. And I'm sorry for being really weird by asking this, but are you a dude?"

Heat made its way up my cheeks, as a chuckle was heard from the other end of the cell. Damn, why did I open up my big mouth?

"Yes, stranger. I'm a guy or dude as you said. Why's that?"

I ran a hand through my tangled hair, "It's nothing, really. I just never thought that I was writing  notes to a guy. I thought that you were a girl or something."

"Why? My writing's too good for you?" He teased, making me groan internally. Now he will start using this against me.

"Well, yeah---" he cuts me off.

"Are you implying that I write like a girl?" He was teasing me again.

"No, no... I just did not expect this. Your writing is, wow. Superb."

"Well, thank you, stranger." I could just imagine him smirking in vistory.

"Whatever," I chuckled.

"Anyways, enough with the teasing. Tell me why you didn't call earlier. I've been waiting for you to call for ages, you know."

"Well, you see..."I stopped before I could reveal the fact that I studied in the library after everyone left. No one should know of this, or I might get fired.

Janitors were not allowed to do anything else, but cleaning. This studying in private thing was like my little secret. Mine and mine alone.

"Well?" He asks over the phone. I quickly search my mind for a suitable excuse.

"I was preparing lunch. It took a really long time to cook the food."

"Oh, for a moment I thought you wouldn't call," he said over the phone, excitement radiating through him.

"Why wouldn't I?" I questioned.

"I don't know, I just thought so," he shrugged. "So, I don't mean to be nosy, but what led you to write those notes?"

I thought back at the day. My pen pressed hard on the paper like it would tear as I wrote the note. My tears after having written the note and placing it between the pages of the book.

I was angry at the world that time. I was angry at the fact that my life was so unfair and cruel. I just wanted to vent out my anger at someone or something, so I wrote instead. It was a better coping mechanism.

"To be honest, I don't know. I guess I was just in the mood for a good rant." I chuckled, trying to blow this topic off.

"Nah, I don't believe you. When I read that note, I could feel that you are angry at someone or something. Did anyone hurt you?"

He sounded so sincere that I felt guilty for lying in the first place. What should I tell him.

"Wait, is there a dude you want me to handle. I would mind breaking a bone or two," he said after I had taken long to answer.

"No, no, no. Why would it be a guy? And please don't hurt anyone for my sake," I pleaded with him.

"Well, I thought you had a boyfriend that was messing around you," he answered back, which only made me laugh at his theory.

"Why? I don't have a boyfriend. Why would you think that?"

"Well, I'm surprised. How does a beautiful, talented and loving girl like you should not have a boyfriend?"

"It happens, you know. It's not impossible," I told him, trying not to blush after he called me beautiful.

"Yeah, yeah," he answered back. Me being a curious cat, I asked him the question.

"So, um, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked him. I could hear him coughing. I must have asked the question at the wrong time then.

"Why, do you have some other plans in mind?" He teased, which made me groan this time around.

"No. You asked, so it's fair that I asked too." I defended myself.

"I used to, but we broke up about a week ago," he answered.

Damn, I wish that I hadn't asked. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to---"

"It's okay, stranger. No need to apologise. We broke up because the relationship was not working. It was a one-sided relationship. So it was best that we separated," he explained, making the situation somehow less awkward.

"Okay, you--" uncle's voice stops me mid sentence.

"Lindsey, kiddo. Do you mind helping out down here?" I love uncle, but this was the worst timing.

"I'll be down there, uncle. Hang on a sec," I yelled back, as I got up from the bed with the phone still on my ear.

"You leaving already?" He questioned from the other end.

"Yeah. My uncle needs my help. We can talk tomorrow. What do you say?"

"Sure. I would like that."

"Lindsey!" Uncle calls again.

"I'm sorry, but I've got to go. Let's talk tomorrow, okay. Bye." I said in a hurry.

"Wait! Before you go, can I ask something real quick?"

"Sure, but hurry."

"I'd like to meet you. Would it be cool if we arranged something?" He asked, making me gulp.

"Are you sure. People temd to hate me from the time they meet me," I told him honestly.

"I don't believe. You sound like a really great person. Why would I hate you?"

"If you say so. Where should we meet?"

"Since we both attend the same high school. How about we meet at the school roof tomorrow after all the lessons have ended. If that's fine with you," he suggested.

"Sure, I would love to. Tomorrow it is then."

"Tomorrow it is. Bye, stranger."

"Bye."

I hang up the call. I am going to regret this decision.

♔___♔___♔

Thanks for reading! And make sure to vote, comment and share if you loved it. Thank you!