[six: part one]

♔Zac's P

Zac's P.O.V

IT IS kinda weird, but I had the sudden urge to visit the library today. I did not know what I was specifically looking for, but something was pulling me towards it.

Being an impulsive person, I went to the library. I began to search the shelves for nothing in particular until my gaze falls onto the book.

Romeo and Juliet.

Curiosity kicked in as I asked myself if the person had written back. Looking around to make sure that no one was watching me take a romance novel from the shelf, I took the book and pulled out the paper that stuck out excitedly, waiting to be read.

I carefully unfolded the paper, making sure not to rip the paper.

You hit the nail right on the head. I did base my opinion on my life circumstances. It's not that I wanted to, I was forced too. My world is filled with nothing but darkness. I am constantly abused by people I thought I could call family, this is where all my negative aspects of love came from. Love only hurts people. Well, it only hurts me at least.

You are also right about the small portions of love left in the world. All I've got to do is seek them. But it isn't easy with my demons constantly pushing me back into the darkness of the unknown.

But I'll take you advice into consideration. Perhaps all I need are the right people to really show me what love is.

A flame of rage and pity lit from within me as I read about the abuse. Why would someone want to cause so much pain to another. Why would someone want to hurt another? What makes it worse was the fact that she thought they were her family who loved and cared for her.

Family can be one's greatest enemies.

A slight pressure is felt on my shoulder as someone pulled me back into reality.

Turning around, I face the janitor girl that I had bumped into yesterday. She was dressed in her janitor uniform, this time around a duster tucked safely in her strong grip.

"Sorry, if I... um... disturbed you. I just wanted to clean the shelves." She doesn't even make eye contact as she gazes at the ground now, finding a sudden interest in them.

Seizing the chance, I take the note and place it into my pockets, whilst I place the book back onto the shelf. Everyone would think I read romance novels. Romanve novels aren't my comfort zone.

Since my mind was not on cue with my thoughts, I blurted out a question I regret asking, "Why do you stutter so much?"

"Well, it's just---" I cut her off with my next question.

"Do I intimidate you?" I asked curiously, My gaze on her.

"No... not at all," she stammered once again. My lips widened into a grin. She was awfully cute when she was nervous.

"You're stammering. Are you nervous?" I should seriously shut my trap.

"No, why would I be nervous?" She scoffs loudly, only widening my grin.

"If you say so, stranger. So, what's your name?"

She stops suddenly and looks past me into nothingness, "Why? People usually don't want to associate themselves with me."

Yes, it's true that she was a janitor. One should not be judged according to their status. But the world is a judgmental world. So, it would be best if I stayed away from her. I wouldn't want everyone to think that I was associating myself.

"I gotta go." She walks past me, before I could say anything.

That is not how it was supposed to go down. Shrugging it off, I take the note and a pen from my pockets as I quickly write down a response.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Although I've never been faced with such an obstacle, I feel the hurt you are going through. It must be hard to live and constantly think that no one loves you or cares about you. But one's has to hang in there and fight back.

You are also right, stranger. It isn't easy to be a conqueror when you darkness keeps fighting against you. Likewise, I also have my own challenges and the best way to solve them would be to fight them head on.

I practically do that everyday.

And the last thing, I'm glad to know that you have considered to take my advice into consideration. Love does exist, all you gotta do is find the right person to show you, even if it is someone as mere as a stranger.

Slipping my pen back into my pocket, I place the note back into book. Thought began to pile up in my head. How is it possible that I have so much in common with a mere stranger than I had with anyone. Coincidence or not, this stranger is truly a blessing.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I did not notice that I had arrived late for class, by the time I had made it to my math class.

Everyone's eyes are on me as I walk in. I was usually late for my math class. More than often.

"Mr Parker." Mr Smith, my math teacher said.

"Dentention after school. Miss it and you're expelled." He looked at me through his thick eye glasses.

Today is gonna be a long day.

Instead of going home and having the best day of my life, I am stuck in a dead end class, with a old teacher staring at me like a freaking cougar for detention.

I've been sitting here for hours now, and just a squeak could earn me another lovely day in detention.

I look over at Mr Smith. His gaze is fixed on me like a hawk. Like I was the criminal he was trying to observe. A shiver runs up my spine as I looked at anything but him. The old man gives me the jitters.

What sucks was the fact that I was the only student in detention. Like c'mon I've got places to be. And by places, I meant my bed.

This guy hates my guts. It has become a habit for him to love to hate me.

To my surprise, the janitor girl enters the classroom, and murmurs something to Mr Smith. He looks at me and then back at her, before nodding in aggreement. What the did she just say to him?

"You're free to go Mr Parker. Consider this as good luck. I was planning on keeping you in for much longer." He said this to me like there's no problem about what he had just said.

"Thank you, sir. Bye!" I waved a goodbye at my favourite teacher as he leaves the class. Note the sarcasm.

The janitor girl was still standing there.

"Aren't you going to leave?" I asked her. She flinches like she had seen a ghost. She must have been buried in her own thoughts.

"Um... I need to lock all the classes and the school gate before leaving, so I'm waiting for you to leave."

"Okie dokie." I walk out of the classroom, whistling to the familiar tune of a song.

I turn back to see the janitor girl entering the library. Being my curious self, I tiptoed to the library to find her bent over a book, studying.

She's so weird.

♔___♔___♔

Once again, thanks for reading. I really appreciate all the support.