Chapter 6

Yuuri's POV:

"When are you going to wake up love? I miss you Yuuri, I miss your jokes, your talks, your smile, your hugs, your kisses and even your angry face reactions...You may not know it but I'm crying now love...Please come back to me Yuuri...Hug me tight and say you will never leave me alone anymore...

Please Yuuri, wake up. Wake up and come back to me. I miss your beautiful eyes, please open them for me again. I love you Yuuri, I really do so please come back." Victor's voice cracked at the end as tears fell on my hand. Why is he crying? What happened? Don't cry Vic, please don't cry, tell me what happened.

Forcing my eyes open, I was greeted by a world of darkness. Why can't I see? What happened? I closed my eyes again, hoping to see something after opening my eyes again but I'm greeted by the same darkness once again. No...this can't be happening.

"Yuuri? You're awake! Doctor!" I heard the door slam open before tons of footsteps came rushing in.

"Yuuri, can you see me?" I turned towards the direction of Victor's voice and stared blankly at nowhere. I can't see him...I can't see my husband. Tears flowed down my face when I realized that I'm blind. I can't see Victor.

"Doctor! What's happening?!" Victor's panicked voice rang out as I felt hands in front of my face but I can't see what they're trying to do.

"Can you see my hand?" A foreign voice sounded, which I believe, belongs to the doctor. Shaking my head dejectedly, I covered my face with my hands, not wanting Vic to see how useless I am now.

"What's happening?!" Vic asks frantically.

"I have to do a CT scan for him to know what really happened." Without further conversations, I felt my bed getting pushed and dragged to I have no idea where. What will Victor think of me now?

Victor's POV:

Y for Yurio and V for Victor:

Y: Hey Vic, we'll be coming down to see Yuuri now.

V: He's awake...

Y: That's great! Then, why do you sound so depressed when he's awake? Shouldn't you be glad that he's awake?

V: He...he can't see me...

Y: What do you mean by he can't see you? Is he...blind?

V: I don't know...he's now doing a CT scan now. What am I going to do if he's really blind?!

Y: Relax, we're almost there. We'll talk later ok?

V: Okay...

Just then, the doors opened and the doctor came in, motioning me to go put with him as Yuuri was being pushed back in.

"How's his condition doc?"

"The CT scan which we had done shows that the collision had damaged the optic nerve in his brain. Whether he will ever regain his sight is not for us to say."

"Is there anything you can do for him to regain his sight?"

"Yes but I would not advice it. The risks are much higher than its success rate so it may cause him to be permanently blind when there is actually a chance for him to recover himself."

"So...we just sit back and wait?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Okay...thanks doctor."

"You're welcome." He nodded sliggtly before taking his leave.

"Are you planning to tell Yuuri?" I turn around to see Yurio and Otabek standing side by side.

"You heard?" They nodded in union as they walked towards Yuuri's door.

"Are you going to tell him?" Yurio asks concerned.

"Yeah. I can't hide it from him anyways. " Entering silently, we sat around Yuuri as he stared blankly at a wall.

"What happened to me? Why can't I see?" He whispered out softly as he stared down to his hands.

"You don't remember?" Shaking his head cluelessly, he leaned back against the wall with closed eyes.

"You got into an hit and run accident and fell into coma for 5 months.The collision had caused you to lose your sight temporarily but the doctor have no idea when you will regain your sight."

"I fell into a coma? For 5 months?!  Then what about the competition?" He stared worriedly at me or where he thought that I'm supposed to be.

"Don't worry pig. Victor took your place and attained for both of you the gold medal. Don't get so worried." Yurio cut in once he realised that I'm speechless. I wonder how Yuuri thinks about that, he worked so hard for it after all.

Yuuri's POV:

"Don't worry pig. Victor took your place and attained for both of you the gold medal. Don't get so worried. Focus on recovering now, you're injuries are like shit." Yurio?

"Yurio?"

"Obviously. And Otabek too."

The gold medal...it's not mine, it's his. It belongs to Victor. I did not achieve it even after all the hard work but Victor achieved it so easily. He is better without me. Plus, I'm blind now. I can't even see, how am I supposed to skate?

"T-That's great Vic. You deserve it. "

"It's our achievement love-" Victor tries to comfort me but it's not going to work.

"I suppose..." not.

"Oh well, since your up now, we will be leaving. I put my number into ur speed dial under 2 since Victor's one is under 1. Call me if you need any help."

"Thanks Yurio."

"J-Just go and rest and recover fast. I can't stand Victor looking like a depressed zombie. Bye you two, let's go Otabek."

"Okay kitten. Bye guys. Rest well Yuuri."

Hearing the door shut, I felt helplessly around to find Vic only for him to grab hold of my hands to show me where he is.

"I'm here love. I'm always by your side no matter what. " Must he always make me feel so guilty for being so useless? He don't deserve me. Because of me, he quit skating to be my coach. Now that I can't see, I am practically useless and juat a burden to him.

"When can we go home?" He sighed deeply before walking out. Did he finally decide to leave me? Well, that's better. He won't have to live with a burden.

"They say that you can leave at the end of the week."

Why didn't he leave?

Why?