hady

I stared at the blank journal in front of me

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I stared at the blank journal in front of me. What great adventure had I missed this time? I shut my eyes and groaned. There was nothing to remember! 

I flipped forward a page and read what I wrote down the day before. 

dana - d. daniel - danny. 
kill alex. 

Sure, it didn't really make sense to me till Alex explained to me but today? Nothing. 

Ugh! This was super frustrating. I patted my bed till I found my phone and dialed Alex's number. It took 3 rings. 

"Okay, what did I miss?" I demanded. 

"What do you mean?" Alex asked groggily. 

"What did we do last night? I can't remember a single thing." 

"You don't remember anything?" 

"No, Alex! I can't. Now will you please tell me?" 

"Nothing happen-"

"Spare me, please. Just tell me!" 

"No, seriously, Hady. You weren't with us..." 

"Oh..." There was a dreadful feeling creeping up my chest. Neither of them thought to find me? Alex must have understood my silence because her next words were comforting and yet I didn't feel comforted at all. 

"I went to the spot where I usually got you and you weren't there. I waited, but-"

"It's fine, Alex." I said, feeling slightly betrayed. She was the one who was reluctant to let Daniel in, and now they were hanging out together without me? I could hear her talking in the background but I wasn't listening anymore. 

"I'll see you in class, I gotta get ready now." 

"Hady!" I hung up. I didn't want to hear explanations now. I needed to calm down. I was overreacting, I know. How fast did things change? Just last week, I was fearing for the worst and now I was angry at being left out? It brought a little smile to my lips. Shame, contrite. I sighed. Time to make things right. 

I saw her at our spot, looking tiny in a huge black coat and especially so now that she's hunched over her phone. 

"Sorry about this morning. I gotta admit I was a little jealous that the two of you didn't include me, you know?" 

"Jealous?" There was mocking in her voice before she turned serious. She filled me in about what happened the night before, sounding a lot more subdued than usual and boy did I feel like crap. 

"Do you think it'd really work? Bringing your bed in with you?" I asked sheepishly. 

"We'll never know if we never try." Alex answered. "So you slept well last night?"

"Better than in ages." I said. 

"Tell me what you're thinking." I urged. 

"I don't know. There's just so many questions... It's cramping my style!" She added as sort of an afterthought. I waited for her to continue, she didn't. 

woke.  | IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें