Part 5 ~ It's a Small World

My heart skipped a beat. I did not expect Namjoon to say that so suddenly. I gave an awkward laugh and simply said, "We'll see,". Namjoon looked down with a slight smile on his face, and my mind was racing with thoughts of what he could be thinking. I hastily finished signing off the documents and left his office, almost tripping over my own feet on my way out.

I breathed a sigh of relief the moment I closed the door and made my way towards my first class that was due to start at 8. By the time I had reached the class, at 7:55am, the students were already seated, notebooks out and ready to begin work. They stood up to greet me as soon as I entered, making me smile immediately. Throughout the duration of the lesson, they remained quiet and well-behaved. I even managed to make a few cheesy jokes with them.

"You're quite a well-mannered class," I complimented them before I left. I heard light laughter echoing throughout the room until one of the students named Taehyung called out, "It's because you're a good teacher, Miss y/s/n. We enjoyed your lesson." I beamed, flattered by the compliment.

I didn't have that many classes scheduled for a Monday, so I was done at around 1pm. I was about to enter the parking lot when I heard someone running towards my direction. It was Taehyung, the student who had complimented me in class, along with two other young students that I recognised as well.

"Seonsaengnim!" (Teacher) He called, out of breath from running so fast.

"Seonsaengnim, my name is Kim Taehyung. I'm a student in your early morning class," he huffed, speaking in formal language. I smiled in acknowledgement and waited for him to continue. "These are my friends, Jimin and Jungkook. We're currently trainees under KNJ Entertainment, and our CEO signed us for classes here to improve our English before we debut. I was wondering if it would be okay to give us extra classes? We really need it," he said with a hopeful smile. The other two followed suit, flashing their pearly whites at me. I smiled, marvelling at their enthusiasm. I always loved it when students took initiative.

"I will definitely try to help you wherever I can. Meet me tomorrow after class and I will let you know what times I'll be free," I said, mirroring their enthusiasm. They punched the air in excitement, bowed, and then left. I had just pulled out my phone to text Yoongi when I was interrupted yet again, this time by Namjoon placing his hand on my back. I jumped in surprise.

"Oh! I didn't mean to startle you, y/n. I apologise," he said, removing his hand. I breathed a sigh of relief and shook my head.

"That's okay, I was too absorbed in my own thoughts. Is there something you needed from me?" I asked, hurriedly trying to escape this conversation before he asked me to go out for coffee again. I trusted Yoongi, and I didn't want to get too friendly with someone who he wasn't on good terms with, even if it was my boss.

"You're free now, right? How about that coffee I asked about earlier? It'd be a good ice breaker," he said, smiling warmly. I laughed nervously, wishing Yoongi would turn up out of the blue. And almost as soon as the thought crossed my mind, my wish was granted.

"Do you only know how to take what doesn't belong to you, Namjoon?" Yoongi spoke through gritted teeth, glaring at Namjoon. He then gently took me by my waist and nodded his head to where his car was parked. I took that as a hint to leave these two alone to talk. I  bowed to greet Namjoon, then made my way towards the car. I climbed in, closing the door behind me, then proceeded to look out of the window. Yoongi and Namjoon seemed to be having a heated discussion, resulting in Yoongi taking off suddenly and making his way to the car. I pretended not to notice and quickly looked away when Yoongi got into the car.

"You okay?" He asked, his eyes full of concern.

"Yeah, of course. Are you?" I replied. His expression relaxed a little as he nodded yes, with a small smile. I didn't have the nerve to ask him how he knew what time I would finish, or that I didn't have a lift home because I had forgotten to text Tiffany what time I'd be finished. She had agreed to pick me up everyday and have lunch together, until I got my own car. She didn't mind doing it, but I didn't want to impose on her. We spent the rest of the drive quiet, as usual. Except Yoongi seemed slightly worried; I could see his shoulders were tense, and his brows were furrowed. I decided not to ask.