Part 15 ~ Is it over?

Sooyoung blanched at the appearance of the man, but refused to lower her gun.

"Appa..." (Dad) she choked out, tears cascading down her cheeks. The man who I now realised was Sooyoung's father took a hesitant step towards her, his face filled with sadness.

"Don't come any closer, appa. Or...or I'll jump," she sobbed out, eyeing the edge of the cliff.

"Sooyoung, drop the gun," her father instructed sternly. Sooyoung only shook her head vigorously, her now trembling hand still clutching the weapon.

"SOOYOUNG!" he shouted, his loud voice resonating across the dark night. Sooyoung dropped the gun and her father sighed in relief, walking over to his daughter. He picked up the firearm and stowed it in his jacket. Sooyoung now had her knees curled up to her body, on the floor. She was sobbing loudly, her whole form shaking. I myself found my body lying limp on the ground, unable to process anything.

Then a thought suddenly hit me. Her father had come alone, with no backup. There were no other police officers in the vicinity. I looked around anxiously, hoping that someone was watching, but I found no one.

"Sooyoung," her father began. "I need you to explain everything to me right now, otherwise I cannot help you," he said, facing his back towards me as he bent down to Sooyoung's level.

Help her? Why does he want to help? I thought to myself.

He grew impatient as she ignored him and continued with her sobbing spree, when he decided to harshly grab her shoulders and shake her.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" he roared.

"I sh-shot someone, and I brought two girls to this location, one has d-disappeared already, I d-" she began babbling, and was about to continue but her father had urgently interrupted.

"HOW MANY WITNESSES?" He asked, his hands not leaving her shoulders. Sooyoung lifted her head, her sobs momentarily paused.

"What?" She asked, blinking slowly. He only shook his head impatiently.

"Answer me!" He urged, making her eyes widen in partial shock and confusion. She took a few minutes before answering, while counting on her fingers.

"F-five," she stumbled out, staring at her father. "Three men, two women,"

"And evidence?" He asked, his voice tense. Sooyoung retained her puzzled expression as she continued to answer his questions.

"CCTV footage from the entertainment label and surrounding areas has been deleted. No phone calls were recorded. The text Hoseok sent Yoongi only contained an address, nothing else. There's only Hoseok who's been shot, but-"

"We can take care of that easily, I have connections at the hospital. For now, we need to get out of here without a trace. Most importantly, I have organised an alibi for you. The people who answered the call at the police station have been dealt with-" he continued speaking, but all I could do was stare in stupefaction.

He was helping her!

"You can't do this! You'll never get away!" I screamed through my tears, my throat aching. All my hope of this woman being caught had vanished. The man simply hoisted Sooyoung up and made his way over to me, untying my hands. Just then, an out-of-breath Yoongi arrived. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the officer untying my hands.

"Officer, I'm so glad you've arrived. This woman has gone crazy, she-" he stopped talking when he realised the officer wasn't paying attention. He looked at me quizzically, and I returned it with one of helplessness.

"You can't do this. We all saw what she did. We'll all testify," I sobbed, my voice shaking in between each word.

"You have no evidence," the officer said bluntly, looking me straight in the eye. I stared at him with pleading eyes, continuing to sob, while Sooyoung shot me a smirk from behind her father.

Yoongi seemed to finally realise what was happening, and shook his head in horror.

"Officer, are you serious? She's clearly guilty, why are you defending her?" He asked, incredulous. The officer was maintaining a blank expression.

"You have no evidence." He repeated, then proceeded to leave with Sooyoung at his side.

"Hoseok has a freaking bullet in him! They'll find her!" Yoongi shouted, rushing after the officer, who simply held up a hand, prompting Yoongi to stop.

"Report this incident, and I will make it disappear in an instant. Hoseok's injury will be associated with a mugging, of which the culprit will never be found. You will calmly announce in a press conference that Sooyoung is leaving your label to pursue other interests, and that you are on good terms with her. Furthermore, you will state that the missing person reports that were shown on TV today were a false alarm reported in unwarranted panic. You will not speak of this incident again, and even if you do, you have no evidence to do anything about it. Have I made myself clear?" the officer declared in a stone-cold tone.

Yoongi took a step back, defeated. He threw his head back and laughed, looking completely mad.

"Why are you covering this up? Does Sooyoung have something over you?" Yoongi asked, tugging at his hair in frustration.

"It's her father," I whispered to Yoongi, unable to look him in the eye. He simply scoffed at this piece of information, whirling around and placing his face in his palms.

"Do not mistake my actions to be out of love for my daughter. I have lost respect for her a long time ago. This is simply for my reputation." He concluded, then proceeded to drag Sooyoung away. Her face had fallen at the last sentence of his speech.

Yoongi and I both exchanged defeated glances. I began crying into my hands, my tears stinging the cuts that littered my skin.
He was instantly at my side and his strong arms were wrapped around my shoulders as he helped me stand up. He cupped my cheeks with his cold, pale hands and lifted my chin up to look at him.

"Don't cry, it hurts my heart. Please stop," he pleaded in a gentle voice. This only made me want to bawl my eyes out even harder, but I stopped to listen to what he had to say.

"I'm sorry," his whisper was barely audible as he kept his tear-filled eyes trained on mine.

"I promised to protect you, but I couldn't. All I've done up until now is hurt you continuously. Y/n, I'm so sorry," he said, his voice raspy. His expression was so pained that my heart ached at the sight.

"This isn't your fault," I said, weakly shaking my head.

"It is. I failed to protect you. I didn't tell you the truth earlier, when it could have saved you from this. I'm so sorry, y/n. Will you forgive me?" He had pulled me closer, until I was only inches from his face. His eyelashes were moist with tears. I reached up and wiped his tears with my thumb, and he caught my hand in his. He entwined his fingers with mine and brought them up to his lips, gently planting a kiss on them, the way that always made my heart flutter, even in this situation.

"Stop apologising, Min Yoongi. I forgave you before you even asked," I smiled feebly.

His left arm suddenly snaked around my waist, and I felt myself being pulled even closer to him.

"I don't know what I did to deserve such an amazing woman," he whispered, barely an inch from my face.

"Y/n, I love you so, so much," he whispered, and before I had time to comprehend his words, I felt his soft lips against mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Thank you so much for all your support on my book!❤

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote and check out my other book which has been updated recently as well ❤

Thank you again for reading ❤