Part 16 ~ May the Best Side Win

It took a few minutes before I realised what was happening, and when I did, I wanted to scream internally. Just a minute ago, I had been feeling scared and trapped, but all those feelings had suddenly disappeared and were replaced by warmth and security. When Yoongi decided to break away from my lips, he had his eyes focused on mine, gazing at me so intently that I found it hard to return his gaze. I was out of breath, and my heart was threatening to jump out of my chest when Yoongi pulled me into a tight hug, his face nuzzling my nape as he gently crooned;

"It's okay, Y/n, it's okay. Everything will be okay, I promise," while gently swaying my form from side to side, his silky voice intoxicating. I found my breathing steadying, and all my worries had come to a standstill while I was in his arms.

***

Yoongi wasted no time in getting to the hospital, and all I could focus on was the needle of the speedometer moving as Yoongi's Ferrari picked up speed at an alarming rate. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and fussed about with my seatbelt, praying he would slow down. He seemed to sense this, and I felt the car's speed gradually decrease. He put his right hand over mine, sending the already-fluttering butterflies in my stomach into a frenzy. I felt my cheeks burning red-hot as I remembered his lips on mine, then quickly shook the thought off before my mind had the chance to wander elsewhere.

"We're almost there, y/n," he said gently, giving my hand a squeeze. I smiled at him in response, then turned away almost immediately as I remembered his lips on mine once again. The butterflies in my stomach were probably doing a hula dance.

We skidded to a halt outside the building and Yoongi leaned over me to unbuckle my seatbelt, his strong arms lightly brushing against my chest as he did so. His every action was making me nervous, even more so when he walked over to my side to open the door for me.

Hand in hand, we made our way towards the hospital entrance in a hurry. We arrived at the help desk, panting slightly.

"Can you tell me which room Mr Jung Hoseok and Miss Hwang Tiffany are in?" Yoongi asked, his voice urgent. The woman directed us to a room just a corridor away, where we met Namjoon who was walking in our direction, phone in hand.

"Hey man, I was just about to call you," Namjoon observed, eyeing our entwined hands with a smirk.

"Hoseok's surgery has actually just been completed and the doctor informed me that he's on the road to recovery. He's asleep now, but you can go on in and check on him. Tiffany's in the next bed, she's alright too," Namjoon smiled weakly, nodding at us to go ahead.

Yoongi let go of my hand and motioned for me to go in, and I realised that he wanted to be alone with Namjoon.

I took a few steps into the room and found a bright and chirpy Tiffany smiling back at me, along with a peaceful Hoseok asleep alongside her.

"Heya hot stuff, how's it going?" Tiffany bubbled out, her charming smile at work again. I shook my head and laughed; there was no one in the world who could bring this girl down.

"How do you manage to look good in a hospital gown? I swear you need to get out of it before your fans make it a trend," I joked lightly, earning a small laugh from Tiffany.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, taking a seat beside her. Tiffany puckered her lips and shrugged.

"I'm actually quite fine, I can go home but Namjoon is insisting that the nurse check up on me one more time before I leave. He is also refusing to let me be alone tonight at home and wants me to sleep at his place," she sighed dramatically, making me giggle.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked, waiting for the right time to explain everything that had happened, but Tiffany had beat me to it.

"What happened to the witch? She in jail yet?" Tiffany asked, raising her eyebrows. I took a deep breath before responding.

"You'll never believe what happened," I began, and it took me a solid ten minutes to fill Tiffany in on the happenings of the night. She gasped after she had heard it all.

"Wow, she really is something," she said, screwing her eyes shut as she massaged her temples.

"Do you know what I need right now?" Tiffany asked, her expression suddenly becoming mischievous. She shot me one of her weird eyebrow dances and I knew instantly what it was she wanted.

"Tiffany, no, not here, this isn't the time-" I began, shaking my head with laughter. But Tiffany was merciless as she gathered up the strength to swing me around and slap my butt. Not once, not twice, but three times.

"Ah, that's a real stress release!" Tiffany giggled, and I knew right then that my best friend was completely fine. We stopped laughing when we realised that the passage outside the room was suddenly quiet, and we both walked over to the door to investigate.

We found Yoongi and Namjoon awkwardly trying to hug each other, eventually swallowing their pride and embracing each other in a big bear hug.

"Awww!" Tiffany and I chimed out on cue, causing the pair to break apart and clear their throats awkwardly, while Tiffany and I cackled at their silliness.

"Ahem, y/n, I've asked a nurse to check up on you. This way," Yoongi said, holding out a hand to lead the way. He directed me to a small room where a bubbly nurse welcomed me.

I spent about twenty minutes there while she treated the wounds on my hands and bandaged them up, fussing about as she scolded me for being so careless. It frustrated me that I couldn't explain to her the exact causes of my injuries. I thanked her excessively before I left, ensuring her that I would take care of my hands, which were so tightly bandaged that I could barely move my fingers.

Yoongi smirked when he saw my hands, and I tilted my head to the side, wondering what he could be thinking of. I heard Tiffany arguing that she didn't need to stay with Namjoon because I could take care of her, but she groaned when she saw the state of my hands. I smiled sheepishly at her and shrugged.

"Well then it's sorted, I guess you'll both have to sleep over at my place," Namjoon declared, and my mouth dropped to the floor.

"No no, that's okay, Tiffany and I will manage-"

"No y/n, he's right. You two need to be taken care of. But you can stay over at my place," Yoongi announced, and I shook my head aggressively in response.

"I won't be comfortable without Tiffany," I stated, hoping this would deter him, but alas, Yoongi was unstoppable.

"Then you can both stay at mine, my place is bigger anyway," Yoongi smiled, shooting Namjoon a wink.

"You think everything of yours is bigger," Namjoon rolled his eyes, earning an incredulous look from Yoongi.

"What is that supposed to mean?" he questioned, folding his arms enquiringly.

"You know what-'

"Alright fine!" Tiffany sighed out, exasperated. "Y/n and I will both stay over at yours, Namjoon. Provided we get our own room, and Yoongi comes with," she concluded. The boys looked at each other and then reluctantly nodded.

"Alright, but I have another condition," I said, watching as three pairs of eyes focused on me, waiting for me to speak.

"Get a dang check up from the nurse already!" I whined, pushing them with my bandaged hands.

***

Namjoon's house was definitely outlandish, and I couldn't help but gawk at the luscious, evenly-cut grass that lay before his double-storey house. Namjoon and Yoongi were discussing a plan on how to get back at Sooyoung while he opened the front door of his house.

He gasped when he saw what was waiting for him inside, and my eyes widened in surprise as three familiar faces came into view.

_______________________________________

Author's Note: Thank you so much for 2.7k reads!❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Please don't be shy to vote or leave a comment, I LOVE READING THEM!❤❤

Do check out my other book while you're at it :)❤

I'd like to thank everyone who has been reading and voting on my book so far, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! SENDING LOADS OF HEARTS YOUR WAY, YOU MAKE MY DAY!❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤