Part 19 ~ Who Can You Trust?

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and beams of sunlight shining into the room. I blinked a few times, trying to adjust my eyes to the brightness. I was in the master bedroom, sleeping alongside Tiffany, with a blanket over me. It only took a few moments before she too began stirring, and then she sat up, a smirk already plastered on her face at this early hour of the morning; it was 7:30AM.

"What?" I asked her, bracing myself. Her smile grew wider at my ignorance, and she shook her head.

"Yoongi brought you here last night after you fell asleep. He carried you up the stairs," she winked, and I felt my ears grow slightly hot. I tried my best to hide it, but my smile eventually betrayed my poker-face. Tiffany could only laugh at me.

We made our way downstairs, walking quietly in case the boys were still asleep. I wanted to surprise everyone with breakfast, but they had gotten there before me. I gasped when I entered the dining room area; the table was already laid with freshly squeezed orange juice, pancakes, waffles, muffins and varieties of cereal. From the kitchen, I recognised the distinct smell of scrambled eggs. Three men stood hovering near the stove; one of them expertly flipping an omelette in a frying pan, while the other two were trying hard not to set the kitchen on fire.

"No, you have to hold it like this before you flip it," Seokjin was instructing Namjoon, who, after attempting to follow, ended up flipping the omelette onto the floor. Namjoon groaned in frustration, muttering under his breath as he bent down to clean up the mess.

"Just let Yoongi do it, he's doing a good job at it," Namjoon said, and, true enough, Yoongi was having success. Seokjin looked at him proudly, and was about to speak when Tiffany cut in.

"Nice work," she marvelled, startling the three men. Namjoon stood up quickly, straightening his apron.

"Oh, thanks. We're almost done, why don't you have a seat?" he directed at Tiffany, smiling from cheek to cheek. He was clearly happy to see her. Tiffany nodded, and we headed back to the breakfast table. The noise must have woken up the other three boys, because they came bounding down the stairs, still in their pyjamas. Jimin and Taehyung were both chirpy as ever, while Jungkook looked completely grumpy.

"You kick a lot in your sleep," he complained, glaring at Taehyung. Taehyung only grinned, then stuck his tongue out at Jungkook.

"I told you to take the couch, but you were insistent," he retorted, taking wide strides towards the table. Their eyes widened when they saw the table overflowing with tantalising delicacies. They grabbed onto the first item they could get their hands on, and began stuffing their faces full. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Seokjin joined us soon after, arriving with the omelettes.

"Please enjoy," Seokjin smiled, and we all dug in. By the time I was finished, I had eaten so much that I thought my stomach would burst. That was the first good breakfast I had had in a really long time.

"Thanks for being a great host, Namjoon," Tiffany smiled, and Namjoon almost choked on his omelette. He hurriedly downed a glass of water and then returned her smile.

Oh, anything for you Tiffany," he said with a wink, making us all giggle. Their interactions were adorable.

I leaned back and stretched, then caught Namjoon shooting the three musketeers a wicked grin. They hung their heads, bowed and then began clearing away the dishes. I chortled; I had almost forgotten their punishment was to clean up the house. And so, they spent the rest of the morning viciously doing chores; washing the dishes, doing the laundry and scrubbing the floors. I felt slightly sorry for them, so just before noon, I made my way to them.

"Why don't we go out for ice-cream?" I suggested, and their faces lit up, nodding eagerly. Just then, Yoongi startled me by embracing me into a back hug, and I blushed, embarrassed that he was doing this in front of my students.

"Actually, we all have something to do today. The musketeers have to rehearse their debut song and performance which Namjoon has to see to, Tiffany is preparing for a comeback and Seokjin has someone to meet today," Yoongi said, and their faces fell instantly.

"But I promise Y/N and I will take you guys out tonight, okay?" Yoongi promised, unable to bear their disappointed looks. It wasn't long before all of us were outside. We assembled into three teams; Namjoon was taking the boys back to his company, and had offered to give Tiffany a lift on the way there, since Yoongi was heading somewhere else. Seokjin was travelling alone, and I was with Yoongi. I waved goodbye to everyone before I got into Yoongi's car.

We drove in the usual silence, until I decided to speak.

"Where are we heading?" I asked, genuinely unsure. I saw a smirk playing on Yoongi's lips, then he winked at me.

"To my place," he said, and I felt the vehicle picking up speed.

SEOKJIN'S POV

I strapped on my seatbelt while an uneasy feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. Then I took a deep breath and turned on the ignition. It wasn't a long drive, but I was still hesitant. I arrived after about fifteen minutes, and I pulled in to the driveway of the large house, checking my hair in the mirror before I climbed out. Then I made my way to the front door and rang the bell, bouncing on my heels and toes nervously as I fiddled with the buttons on my blazer.

After ten minutes, there was still no answer. I had my fist placed on the door ready to knock loudly, when the door suddenly swung open. The housekeeper bowed politely as she made way for me to walk in, then directed me towards the lounge area, where she told me to take a seat. I leaned forward, propping my elbows on my knees for support as I took deep breaths, trying not to overthink. I straightened when I heard loud heels clicking towards my direction, then I plastered on a bright smile.

"Sooyoung," I breathed, embracing her into a tight hug. When we broke away, she was smiling hugely at me.

"It's so nice to see you again, Jin," she gushed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Things will be getting exciting soon 👀 Stay tuned ❤

Thank you for 4.9K reads and 500 votes!❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Please vote and comment on this chapter if you liked it!❤❤❤❤❤❤

If you'd like to read more of my work, please check out my other book: The Magnate and the Pauper❤❤❤❤❤