Part 7 ~ Chasing Answers

"Yoongi," I said in a hushed tone. "They're getting closer," I barely whispered. I was suddenly so scared that I was ready to cry. Yoongi clutched my hand tighter and smiled down at me.

"Stay calm," he said with a broad smile. "Act normal, just till the car. Few more metres now," he said, looking ahead again. But the car felt like it was miles and miles ahead of us, even though it was within sight. I forced myself to smile and tightened my grip on Yoongi's hand. It was at that moment that I realised that it was more than just one pair of eyes trained on us; and they were getting closer.

We were about six metres from the car when Yoongi whispered, "Run,".

And I ran for my life.

When we reached the car doors, I could see the owners of the pairs of eyes chasing us down. They were five men, all clad in full-black outfits and masks. I jumped into the passenger seat, immediately locking the door behind me. Yoongi followed suit, starting up the engine almost immediately. He pressed down on the accelerator and we flew past the men, tyres squealing. I breathed a slight sigh of relief when I managed to get a better look at them; they didn't appear to be armed. I noticed one in particular, whose company name tag had slipped out of his shirt when he had hastily pulled out his phone. I couldn't make out the name, but I could make out three large letters: JHS.

When we reached the highway, I broke down into a fit of tears. Yoongi placed an arm on my back, trying to comfort me.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked soothingly.

"Who were those people? How did they know we were there? Were they after us? That was a quiet place, they couldn't have been waiting to just mug innocent bystanders. Who were those people, Yoongi?" I asked, fear running through my veins. Yoongi seemed uneasy for a few seconds, then shook his head.

"I don't know, y/n. I'm sure they had the wrong people. We were probably at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sorry," he said. His expression told me that he was genuinely sorry, but it also told me that he was hiding something.

"Yoongi," I said quietly. "What aren't you telling me?" I asked, but Yoongi didn't answer. He shifted uncomfortably and remained silent until we had reached Tiffany's apartment once again. Except when he switched the car off, I didn't get off.

"Should I be scared?" I asked, arms folded and not looking him in the eye. Yoongi put his arm on mine, but I shrugged him off and continued avoiding his gaze.

"Y/n," he said, grabbing me by both shoulders and forcing me to look at him. He studied me with deep, troubled eyes and then placed a hand on my cheek. "I won't let anything happen to you. I will protect you, for as long as I'm alive, do you hear that?"

My heart skipped a beat and then a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Yoongi," I started, struggling to find the words. "Why are they after you? Please answer me," I said, my voice slightly cracking. Yoongi wiped the stray tear away with his finger and then pulled me into a tight hug.

"Shhh," he whispered, not letting go. "Remember what I said, okay? I'll protect you," he said, managing to distract me. I was in too much shock to argue, and so I allowed him to lead me inside the house, to a shocked Tiffany who worriedly hovered over me, asking a million questions, which I couldn't answer, because the next thing I remembered was everything going black.

***

When I woke up, Tiffany was dabbing a damp cloth on my forehead. She smiled warmly when I opened my eyes.

"Morning," I mumbled sleepily. Then my eyes shot open and I sat up fast.

"WHAT TIME IS IT OH MY GOSH I HAVE CLASSES TODAY!" I screamed in panic, trying to rush past Tiffany. She simply placed her hand on my forehead and sent me right back to my pillow.

"Relax, y/n. I've already texted Namjoon and he said not to worry, he'd cover you for today. And Yoongi told me to stay home today and see to you," she finished with a smile. I relaxed a little.

"Y/n, you forgot to eat yesterday, with all the drama and all. You were also really dehydrated. Why are you so careless," Tiffany scolded, pinching my cheeks. I didn't even have the energy to argue with her as she brought over a full bowl of porridge and shoved a spoonful in my mouth. I felt exhausted.

I checked my phone and found five unread texts from Namjoon, asking me if I was okay. But not one from Yoongi. I snorted. 'Does he not even want to know if I'm okay?' I thought. Tiffany noticed my expression and then smirked.

"He told me to text him updates. I've texted him loads and he hasn't replied but I know he's seen them. Don't worry too much, he does that alot," she shot me a wink. I rolled my eyes, thinking that it couldn't hurt to text me directly, unless he was avoiding me.

And I was completely right. Yoongi was avoiding me, for some unknown reason. Two complete weeks had passed without a single text, call, or visit from Yoongi. Tiffany had insisted that he was just busy, but I honestly could not understand how someone could not spare five seconds for a text. I decided to turn on the television to distract myself.

The news reporter was excitedly talking about a newly debuted singer who was already topping charts and breaking records.

"Kim Seokjin, commonly known as just 'Jin' by beloved fans, has only made his official debut under JHS Entertainment last month, and his first concert held right here in Seoul has sold out in less than ten-" I stared at the screen while scratching my head, staring at the building the reporter was standing beside. "JHS ENTERTAINMENT" was written in large letters at the top of the building, making it stand out. The letters seemed familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"CEO Jung Hoseok has reportedly said he has plans for Jin to hold a nationwide tour soon. Meanwhile, CEO Min Yoongi of rival agency MYG Entertainment plans to debut a new soloist-" I shook my head, still unable to make the connection. My mind was whizzing with information and I needed answers, and if Yoongi was avoiding me, then I would go to him instead.

Min Yoongi, here I come.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Thank you so much for 400 views! I appreciate it ❤
Thank you to everyone who has been following this story until here ❤
If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider giving it a vote ❤
Thank you again ❤