( 𝟎𝟎𝟓 ) ⁰³

// 𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑳 𝑬𝒀𝑬𝑺 //

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: இ•◦ ━━━ 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ; 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ִ ࣪𖤐 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍 ₈,₁₅₄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄:
இ•◦ ━━━ 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ; 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
ִ ࣪𖤐 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩
𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍 ₈,₁₅₄

•─────────•°•°•─────────•

𝗡𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟲, 𝟮𝟬𝟬𝟱
𝖭𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖺'𝗌 𝖯𝖮𝖵

𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐙𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐘𝐍𝐍𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐍, conveniently located next to our motel. Dean, being the food enthusiast that he is, insisted on grabbing breakfast before hitting the road once again. I sat across from Dean, my plate picked clean, feeling too full to eat another bite. The seat next to me remained empty, reserved for Sam, who was currently in the restroom. Dean was engrossed in a newspaper, circling obituaries with his pen, while I observed the bustling atmosphere of the diner.

Suddenly, a waitress named Wendy, her name tag prominently displayed, approached our table. "Can I get you anything else?" she asked, her gaze lingering on Dean a moment too long. Dean looked up, a mischievous grin spreading across his face as he absentmindedly chewed on his pen. Disgusting.

"Just the check, please," Sam's voice cut in as he returned to the table, reclaiming his seat.

"Sure thing," Wendy replied, her eyes lingering on Dean for a beat longer before she turned and walked away. Dean's gaze followed her retreating figure, a smirk playing on his lips.

"You know, we're allowed to have a fun once in a while," Dean commented, nodding towards Wendy. "That's fun."

I scoffed, unable to contain my amusement. "You call that fun?" I questioned, my tone laced with playful mockery.

"Well, I wouldn't say anything if you wanted to pick up some guy," Dean retorted, his smirk widening.

"Sure you wouldn't, Dean," I rolled my eyes, remembering how he had scared off my guy friends back in middle school more times than I could count.

Ignoring my remark, Dean slid the newspaper towards Sam and me. "Here, take a look at this, I think I got one. Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin," Dean said, his finger pointing to an article. "Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water; nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago," Dean summarized.