Chapter 4

After a few hour's of blissful silence, you finally raise your head to look him in the eye's. Not like how you did before where you had only stared into the dark depth's of his iris seeing only the things he dared to release. No, this time you could see clearly into his fractured soul, your own eye's began to cloud over as you see the barely masked hurt and depression forever singed into his mind. He's been through so much. He's seen more than most men. He's suffered alone without the faintest sense of compassion.

You knew he wasn't the same man you married and as he stared into your eye's, the same eye's from all those years ago yet in a different person, a different man...you knew you could learn to love him just as much as you did the first man from 10 years ago.

His hand pulled your thighs closer onto his lap as his other hand glides upwards to your mid back as he sits back into his Barber chair. It was near dark by now and the city of London was now quiet as the evening sky. You were surprised to see no customers this day although it didn't bother you as you had more time with your husband.

"What have they done to you?" You whispered mournfully as your fingers gently come to rest on his broad chest feeling the jagged lines of his scars under his white shirt.

You hardly notice as his fingers leave the back of your knee and you jump only slightly as he grips your hand tightly in his own, your eye's are on his own in a heart beat, surprised at his sudden reflex "Question's for another time, my dear" he answer's you with a daring look in his eye before his dark brown orbs dart to the door and he quickly stands to his feet making sure to take your waist so you don't fall and sets you down on your feet beside him, just as the door open making you jump in surprise.

You wanted to question him more then anything, but you knew what he had been through must've been haunting and you felt that getting him upset might not be the best way to go, at the moment.

You and Benjamin both turn towards the now open door to see Mr.Brunham, one of the lawyer's of Judge Turpin's court, he tips his hat with an unconvincing friendly greeting before he pulls it off of his near hairless head. He was no older then his mid 30s or early 40s but, most men in London had lost their hair before the age of 50.

You can tell that Benjamin recognizes him from the way his body tenses only slightly and his eye's harden almost unnoticeably. You look at the man ahead of you hoping that he doesn't notice the similarities Benjamin and Sweeny have even if they are the same person.

Your prayers are answered as he steps into the shop with a smug grin on his face before he closes the door "Good evening Mr.Todd" he greets the barber next to you with a slight nod as he walks over to the barber chair.

Sweeny Todd looks at you from the corner of his eye the bags under his eye's darkened by the second as the man sits in the chair after glancing at you his eye's widening in recognition a sickeningly wide grin on his face, his eye's on your own as Sweeny wraps the white sheet around his neck.

Brunham let's out an 'ah' as if he finally recognized you in the dark setting of the shop "Ms.Barker how do you do this fine evenin'?" He asked his eye's glinting in lust as his eye's scale over your dress making you hold back a sneer and you notice that Sweeny rips a hole through the belt he's sharpening his razor on before he goes back to regularly sharpening it slowly.

"Well, as always Mr.Brunham. How's the Mrs?" You ask him to remind the lust filled male of his family outside these walls, he only shakes his head as if saddened although his eye's travel down to your hips instead of meeting your eye's.

"Unfortunately, we have been divorced for some time now. Although the position is always free if you so dare, I need a young flower like you in my 'lonely' little life." he offers with a lechourous stare and his tongue running over his thin lips, making you glare at him before turning in disgust crossing your arm's.