Chapter 11

Antony chewed hungrily as he devoured his second Meat pie, it was just exquisite! He had never tasted something so delicious! Something so divine and consistently mouth watering, it just couldn't be put into words! He just had to have another after his first delectable taste of Mrs.Lovett's creation.

    Unbeknownst to him, the proud baker, standing with her elbow leaning over her flour layered counter, grinned from ear to ear. Relieved to have another piece of bloody evidence taken from the crime scene, of course she'd offered it to him without a price. He was helping her cover up a death penalty worthy crime, after all.

    But, as his chewing slowed, she decided to continue their conversation. "So, this sailor business of yours," she started, picking up her dry towel from the side of the counter. Antony raised his head quickly, his red lips dripping with the meaty substance. "Why did you get involved in it? I know it wasn't just to find some pretty gal, like my little (y/n), or was it?" She chuckled teasingly as Antony's pale cheeks went red.

     He stuttered as he shook his head. "N-No ma'am! While miss (y/n) is quite beautiful, she is not the reason I had come, nor is any other young lady. I am more than grateful to have met the fair lady (y/n), she is by far the lively creature in London, I must say." He dazed off for a moment making Lovett chuckle as she wiped the dusty table clean.

    He shook his head to clear his thoughts, his cheeks grew red once more as he bowed his head as an apology. "Forgive me, I tend to lose my train of thought." He chuckled nervously before placing his pie on the plate, he didn't notice as Mrs.lovett glanced down at the half eaten pie warily before looking back up her eyes linking with his the moment his head rose.

   "Ah, yes," he remembered as he clapped his hands together softly, "I was raised to be a sailor. Having a father, who had set sail at the age of 16, I was destined to have found my place on the waves. There was just so much adventure and thrill, just waiting for me! I was told stories of my father triumphantly conquering the most perilous of journeys, coming back only months after his supposed death." Antony spoke fondly of his father before his eye's lingered down to his hands.

    "It didn't last long, however. He was too sick to continue his journeys, he returned home within a decade of his expedition. He never finished." Lovett perked up alittle as her eyebrow rose in confusion, a hand on her hip, she asked him:

    "What didn't he finish?"

    Antony took another bite of his meat pie, allowing Lovett to release a breath she didn't know she was holding. "His map of the world, of course." He stated, devouring the last bite of his pie.

    Lovett nodded her head before smiling thoughtfully. "Well, Antony, I hope you're able to finish what he started. That would be a tremendous feat."

    He nodded, agreeing.

    A loud thump suddenly echoed above. Both Lovett and Antony raised their heads to lock eye's with the wooden ceiling, "Goodness, me, is lady (y/n), alright?" Antony asked, to no one in particular.

   Lovett chuckled quietly to herself as she looked back down, her hands already kneading the dough beneath her knuckles. "Oh she's quite well, darlin'. Mr.T is probably just...catching up with her. They've been apart for an awful long time, dearie." Her eyes glowed with mischief as she slammed her fingers upon the table, crushing a bug beneath her palm.

  She missed the glitter of recognition that suddenly sparked in Antony's eyes. "Mr.T...do you mean Mr.Todd? Mr.Todd of fleet street?"

     Mrs.Lovett rose her head to look at Antony, warily. "Yes, Of course. But, how--" she paused as Antony suddenly stood from his seat and walked over to the door eagerly.