HOW NOT TO START

THE HEY MY NAME IS
Hey, My name is Malissa, I'm 16 years old and live in New Jersey. My Best Friends are the Dolphin Twins, Greasy and Eatin. I've known them for 272793 years and I think I'm slowly falling for them. But I know I'll never get them, because we're just friends.

If you consider yourself as a Master Dolan Twin Fanfic Reader, than you've probably gone through at least ONE fanfic that started like this.

This is how you DONT start. For the love of god, please don't start like this.

It's so weird and its like you're already giving away half your plot.

STOP

Seriously, besides the fact that it gives away ur plot, it also does NOT captivate your reader and honestly, I would not want to read on.

Why?

Because I already know what's going to happen. In this case, she going to start dating one of the twins after both of them do things to impress her because both of them like her.

How realistic.

Just because they look alike doesn't mean they love alike.

WAKING UP FOR SCHOOL
My alarm clock beeps for the third time and I rub my eyes, realizing that I'm already so late for school. Shit, now I have five minutes to get ready!1!1!1! But I still am able to QUICKLY put on a natural makeup look that's not that natural, grab a Tumblr outfit because my closet is full of that shit and put my hair into a MESSY something. I only need five minutes to look flawless.

If I was late, I would barley be able to pick out a good pair of clothes. But that's besides the point. That whole chapter in which you described your characters flawlessness, lost you a reader.

It's just so completely irrelevant. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT. They're here for Grayson/Ethan not for your dumb Barbie OC. I give a fuck if she can be all Tumblr within five minutes, that's when I know that this book is completely ridiculous.

Here's a tip for you, start IN school. When things get relevant, when she meets Ethan.

EACH CHAPTER SHOULD GIVE SOME KIND OF VALUE TO UR PLOT.

You describing her messy bun isn't going to do any good unless Grayson spits on her or some relevant shit.

And plus that scene is SO overdone.

dt: peculiardolan
luv ur fav bitch, kiki